Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Suggestions: fast pacing arcade games for quick plays? eg: Outrun 2 2006  (Read 2862 times)

mickael28

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi guys,

I have started a new job quite far from home and I need to catch different public transports and change a few times on my journey. Trying to fill the time I was thinking about gaming on my journey, however, I found the problem that most games are designed for taking your time playing and are not done for a quick play.

Researching about this issue, I found out about Outrun 2 (2006 SP) which is awesome!!! and I've seen that it can be played on a PSP as well (or on a windows tablet, or android via PPSSPP emulator). I was wondering, could you please recommend some arcade titles (any genre) that one can pick and play easily and have a lot of speed/action in them?

I don't know much about the subject, so any game would be fine please (ie, regardless of the platform), I'd research about if I could play them on my way to work somehow, or failing that... I wouldn't mind enjoying such kind of games on my home PC. The problem now is that I don't quite know any good title, other than Outrun 2 2006.

2huwman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 03:33:32 am
I'd highly recommend Sega Rally. Can be played through in a matter of minutes, but I've been shaving hundredths of seconds off my times for twenty years (off and on)!

Also any Mario kart game, but especially the SNES and GBA ones.

Shekel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2018, 05:17:51 am
I was also going to say the same things about Sega Rally (1 and 2).

I was going to post yesterday, but didn't.

shaolindrunkard

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 19, 2021, 11:13:43 am
The question is a little broad for the racing forum. But since we are here and you mentioned PSP. I would recommend the burnout series on PSP. Also Split second on PSP. You can also play great ps1 arcade racers on the PSP like Ridge Racer and Ray Tracers.

mickael28

• Offline Offline
I'm not too much of a gamer, so many thanks for the titles suggested. I'll check them out in the coming weeks... as I've not played any yet :)

I'd like to know other arcade titles who are fast paced and kind of quick to play, do you guys know what is the best part of the forum to ask that question?

MrThunderwing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:31:43 pm
  • As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
If you're using a PSP, you'll definitely want to get Wipeout Pulse and Wipeout Pure. Pulse is probably one of the nicest looking games on the system and also plays brilliantly too. Not a driving game, but you should also get the PSP version of Street Fighter Alpha 3.

mickael28

• Offline Offline
I'd highly recommend Sega Rally. Can be played through in a matter of minutes, but I've been shaving hundredths of seconds off my times for twenty years (off and on)!

Is the game you mentioned different to Sega Rally Revo? I got that one and it's quite difficult to handle... ie, it looks more a simulation than an arcade game to me (one needs more control than speed)? I cannot keep the car straight... but I'm not sure if I'm just trying a different game or the one you mention has the same feeling

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
I think they meant the original. Revo is very much an arcade(y) game though, but you may want to turn down the steering sensitivity.