Another Raspberry Pi project I made as a present for a pilot buddy of mine (we know they all secretly want to be Maverick afterall!
- Raspberry Pi 3
- RetroPie with customised AttractMode Menus
- Speakers, 3W amp with dial potentiometer for volume
- Flight stick with throttle (off eBay)
- 7inch 4:3 screen which runs on 5V
- Cabinet made form chipboard, Plexiglass and T-Moulding
- Grab handle
- 5v LEDs strip
- Entire thing runs on a small 5V 3A PSU
- Graceful shutdown switch and Powerblock circuit.
- Side art, Marquee and Bezel all printed on vinyl using my inkjet printer.
Flights roms including Afterburner, GLOC and many other analog games and top down shootersN64
All flight and space shooters (e.g. pilotwings64, Aerofighters assault, Shadows of the Empire etc)Playstation
Ace Combat 3, Colony Wars 2DosBox
X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Aces Over the Pacific and Aces over Europe.What I love most
I can't believe how happy I am with the way the original Tie Fighter CD rom runs under drop box. Even got all controls mapped to the Flightstick (with creative use of hotkeys). For those that were familier with the game that was some achievement!What my 2 year old loves most
Afterburner, Pod Racer and blowing sh!t up on Nuclear Strike 64