Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: KADE  (Read 5304 times)

Vidiot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2024, 10:00:17 am
  • John 3:16
KADE
« on: March 09, 2017, 11:41:57 am »
Does anyone have any information on what is going on with KADE? The kadedevice website has been down for weeks. Are they gone?

Thanks.

Vidiot

• Offline Offline
Re: KADE
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 12:39:12 pm »
 :D

I would like to buy a KADE. How can I buy one please?  ;D

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 12:43:56 pm »
You can buy a compatible avr, download their open source whatzamawhozits, and roll yer own.  It's what I do.

Somewhere around here is a kade-compatible avr vendor list - I'll see if I can find it.  As for the rolling your own bit, scott or somebody has a handy guide.  I think it's in scott's sig. In fact it might all be in scott's sig. 

Lemme summon scott...

SCOTT!

Vidiot

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 12:57:39 pm »
You can buy a compatible avr, download their open source whatzamawhozits, and roll yer own.  It's what I do.

Somewhere around here is a kade-compatible avr vendor list - I'll see if I can find it.  As for the rolling your own bit, scott or somebody has a handy guide.  I think it's in scott's sig. In fact it might all be in scott's sig. 

Lemme summon scott...

SCOTT!

Ok cool. I'll into it. Thanks.  :cheers:

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 08:00:17 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 01:04:22 pm »

Lemme summon scott...

SCOTT!

Ok cool. I'll into it. Thanks.  :cheers:

I'm glad I could help, but we should not let this distract us from the fact that on March 8, 2017, PBJ came close to, but failed to win a NES Classic in the first ever The Canadian Arcade giveaway, leaving instead with a schmedium-xtra-husky shirt not worth the cloth it was made from and how this loss directly lead to another valued member of the arcade community being denied said NES Classic at a steeply discounted rate with his good faith offer of cash money on the table and how this resulted in the eventual downfall of the arcade-centric-youtube-based-for-profit-infotainment machine and the birth of a new era.   

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:12:01 pm
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 06:59:59 pm »

Lemme summon scott...

SCOTT!
Here's the current situation.

- MaxRod has connections with the guys who make the Minimus boards and mentioned here that has some for sale.

Right now, he is the only source selling them AFAIK.

- Kevin (sharpfork) runs the official KADE store, but I think he's still working on the miniConsole+ Kickstarter rewards.  :o

Until he finishes those, I don't expect that he will fix the emukade.com site and restock the North American store.

- Bruno and I are getting close to a beta release of the new miniArcade 2.0 Mapper.

It includes features and documentation that make it much easier for people who want to "roll their own".

All "DFU" bootloader boards like the MT-DB-U4 should work directly with Mapper.

For other bootloaders, you need to use other software to load a HEX firmware and EEPROM file to your 32u4 board.

Scott

MaxRod

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 10, 2018, 09:20:47 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 08:30:57 am »
I still have minimus. I have the last of the original batch. I was testing the waters to see if some people wanted more but there didn't seem to be much interest. I don't have any breakout boards.

I spoke to sharpfork some weeks ago and he told me that they were moving on to other hardware. He asked me for a few minimus for return/exchange purposes and that was that.