Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: CISCO HEAT sidear redraw for project  (Read 3087 times)

Marcoqwerty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 02:46:08 pm
CISCO HEAT sidear redraw for project
« on: March 08, 2017, 05:23:09 am »
Hello guys

I looking for some help tips and anything else for this reastoring project, i cleaned too much the sideard of this CISCO HEAT (maybe some italian conversion of the original cabinet) with some aggressive products.

So i obtain this result....some missing and matt parts; for me hard to replace because im not a pro under illlustrator (i had redraw some marquee in the past but nothing with this complexity...

If someone could help me i will provide the hi-res photos showed below  :notworthy: :notworthy:

PS: no CISCO HEAT redraw has found online....or HIRES flyer picture....

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
Re: CISCO HEAT sidear redraw for project
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 11:05:40 am »
Redrawing the star wouldn't be tough as vector art. Then you'd just need to get it printed.

As for the other art, if you wanted to get that done too, you'd need to get a very high-res photo or scan of the existing art and have someone clean it up in Photoshop. It's not vector art, so it would need custom (virtual) airbrushing to remove any scratches or marks. I do that kind of thing, but for a project this big I would have to charge for it. Most of the damage looks pretty easy to fix.  I wouldn't think it would take more than about 3 hours.
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

Marcoqwerty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 11:24:41 am »
Thank you mahuti for the answer!

- the star is almost done by me...yes in the past i made for myself some easy redraw with AI...

- mmm i did a Hi-res picture of the sideard good for cleaning (3000x4000 will be enought ? ); you gave me a cool idea....not redraw but clean it with photoshop or gimp....for me will be more easy to do, im more pratic to clean picture to redraw these; but at the end the result will be the same? i mean ater print process....

I do that kind of thing, but for a project this big I would have to charge for it. Most of the damage looks pretty easy to fix.  I wouldn't think it would take more than about 3 hours.

Just to know....how much you take for a work like this?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 11:27:10 am by Marcoqwerty »

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 04:13:39 pm »
3000x4000 is probably close. I'm guessing that's close to 300DPI at size? If so, I would say it's good enough IF the photoshop file doesn't look like it's losing data compared to the real thing. The main issue might be dealing with stochastic dots if those were used in the original art. If it's pretty smooth and the dots are small, fixing it up in Photoshop and then having someone output should be no big deal.

As for pricing, when I do this stuff professionally, I charge a lot. Here on the arcade boards I charge a fraction, or trade if possible. Last time I did something for someone here it was about 6 hours of work and I think I ended up being paid about $20 an hour. It was pretty complicated stuff... had to airbrush out a lot of stuff. I attached a before and after just so you can see .

Marcoqwerty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 04:04:17 am »
3000x4000 is probably close. I'm guessing that's close to 300DPI at size? If so, I would say it's good enough IF the photoshop file doesn't look like it's losing data compared to the real thing. The main issue might be dealing with stochastic dots if those were used in the original art. If it's pretty smooth and the dots are small, fixing it up in Photoshop and then having someone output should be no big deal.

Yes... 3000x4000 is the file resolution and the DPI was 300; omg i didnt hear nothing about stochastic dots, i would  recolor every area of the image not only the missing parts maybe this could be enought  to print. :dunno

I i forget to say...i didn't used a professional reflex..but my old compact camera; maybe i can't get the same detail or will be the same?

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 04:11:04 am »
Probably the biggest concern will be making sure the reproduction image matches the dimensions correctly when printed. if you took a photo, it's sure to be warped... even if only a little bit. You'll have to take good measurements of the real art, and then adjust the perspective of your photo to match the dimensions.

Marcoqwerty

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 04:30:49 am »
Really thanks for the tips..... i made the picture at 1 meter of distance perfectly parallel to sideart without flash in the daylight......