Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PS4 Controller and Maximus Arcade Issue  (Read 3805 times)

maxouge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2017, 03:09:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
PS4 Controller and Maximus Arcade Issue
« on: March 07, 2017, 05:26:11 pm »
Hello,

I managed to configure maximus arcarde for all my rom, and all the emulator recognize my ps4 controllers natively without any key mapper software.

I would like it to work with Maximus Arcade as well, I mean natively, I dont wwant to add a key mapper because I will mess with all the emulator configuration.

I just dont understand why nothing is being detected, is there is a solution to that ? I am quite surprise for a frontend gaming shareware that there is not a real support for controller? Even the most experimental emulator recognize my ps4 controller once there are plugged.

Am I messing something ?

Is someone had the same issue ? I cant find anything on the internet about that. So probably I am doing something wrong.

Basically once I choosed to activate joystick/gamepad input and that I want to set up keys, nothing is being detected. But the keyboard is being detected.

What can I do ?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Kind regards,

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:35:30 pm
  • Check out my Pow Pow
Re: PS4 Controller and Maximus Arcade Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 01:44:19 am »
Maybe this?

https://www.maximus-arcade.com/pages/maximus-arcade-setup-documentation

(6) Option to use either the RavWare or DirectControl input method. Try switching input options if you are encountering joystick related issues.

maxouge

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 07:55:53 am »
HELLO,
Thank you for your answer, howver it's still doesnt detect anything... It's sad because windows support well ps4 controller, even zsnes suport it...

I really wonder why the controller settings hasnt been well developped when you see that this software cost 25 dollars... Shame.

I guess I ll go for another frontend wich is maybe free and for sure more developped.

I am glad I still didnt purschase this software.

Thank you anyway.

maxouge

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 02:29:27 pm »
Reup,

I can see that both of my ps4 controllers are well being detected by Maximus Arcade 2.0 in the "view" section in the "controller" section in Maximus Arcade preferences.
All my button works well on the graphical test manager from maximus arcade.

I used directinput option and i put capture joystick/gamepad option. But when i tried to hold the gamepad button or joystick to configure maximus arcade command nothing is being registered. Only when I press the keyboard key something is being recorded.

I am sure I am missing something because my controllers are well recognize and all the button are being detected and well mapped in gamepad test area.

So how can I fix that ? please someone help ...