Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Groovymame and Hypermarquee and EDS with a CRT Please send me your Settings  (Read 2869 times)

Vincefaro

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2023, 04:52:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I have been trying to tweak my settings in Groovymame to try to get the best results for my LCD Marquee. Anyone who has done this successfully with Groovymame AND Hypermarquee using EDS with a CRT , Can you please send my your mame.ini settings for me to emulate? Thanks

Vincefaro

• Offline Offline
Ok , so I guess nobody uses the three of these together. Ok , So my questions then is , Can I run Hypermarquee , ED for everything else  EXCEPT mame and then in Mame use the marquee option and run the marquees using mame ?

Vincefaro

• Offline Offline
Hi Calamity , Here is my mame file . Can you look at my mame.ini to see if everything looks right for a two monitor setup . Here is what I am trying to do, I am using Hypermarquee to display marquees using Hyperspin in All situations EXCEPT for MAME. When mame is engaged I will use mame's own marquee display process to display maruees when mame is being used. Here is what I have found my LCD is still changing to a 640X 480 resolution and is not keeping the higher resolution desired. I want to have GM work on the CRT only at the low resolutions and sync rates , but I want the LCD to have  a higher resolution . Can you help ? Thanks

« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 08:19:17 pm by Vincefaro »

Calamity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 05:26:05 am
  • Quote me with care
First, you're using an old version of GM, please update to the most recent one so I can track the issue. Don't worry about your romset by now.

Second, it seems GM is not seeing your two monitors. Can you check in Windows display settings how they're configured? Do you actually have a \\.\DISPLAY2?

Basically the whole thing is not working at all because GM can't see any resolution that's assigned to the monitor you're specifying.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Vincefaro

• Offline Offline
I have updated my CRT_EMUdriver . Let me know what you see wrong. Thanks

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
Assuming your LCD is on \\.\DISPLAY2, you need to force the resolution of the LCD for that display, so it doesn't switch to another resolution. E.g. if your LCD's resolution is 1280x768, use -resolution1 1280x768 (-resolution0 affects \\.\DISPLAY1, and -resolution1 affects \\.\DISPLAY2, etc.)
Steps to create a log:

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Vincefaro

• Offline Offline
Thanks Calamity , I will try that.

Vincefaro

• Offline Offline
After updating to the CRT_Emudriver . It makes things much slower when choosing a game in Mame versus the older version. Can I go back to the old version ?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Quote me with care
I never asked you to update CRT Emudriver. It was GM what I asked you to update.
Steps to create a log:

Vincefaro

• Offline Offline
Ok, But If I installed EMU driver 2.0 and its drivers can I get back to the older Emu drivers and install them ? Or does it not work like that?

Ok I think I'm back to it working again . I installed a new vmmaker and arcade osd ran through the procedures and i am  running again .
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:37:04 am by Vincefaro »