Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: crt_emudriver and A8-7600 apu issues  (Read 2016 times)

Undarated

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 02:23:28 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
crt_emudriver and A8-7600 apu issues
« on: January 18, 2021, 12:28:34 pm »
Hello guys, I'm currently building a second machine and have a acquired a mobo, cpu and ram combo.  The issue that I'm having is that no matter what I do, I can't get crtemudriver to see my apu.  I've uninstalled the native drivers but they just reload after every reboot.  Do any of you have any suggestions.  I've tried googling everything but can't seem to find the answer to my issue. 

punkysuen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2022, 12:25:37 am
Re: crt_emudriver and A8-7600 apu issues
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 09:54:51 pm »
I am successful to install crt_emudriver on A4-4000.

Which step do you get stuck?
If you lost all installed modelines after reboot every time, you could try run Setup.exe with administration.

Undarated

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 05:13:45 am »
Thanks for responding. I’m using the vga out to my transcoder and crt.  I’m using the hdmi out to my lcd.  Emudriver installs fine but never catches sync on the crt.  It works well with with my other computer with a dedicated gpu. Just wondering if it’s possible to work with an apu.

punkysuen

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2022, 12:25:37 am
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 08:47:08 am »
If you are connecting CRT and LCD with VGA and HDMI respectively, make sure to enable the EDID emulation for CRT is at the correct Device and Output choices. It usually happens when people forget to choose the correct Device or Output.

After that, you can use ArcadeOSD to double check the installed video modes for VGA output.
Open ArcadeOSD, if the window is on CRT with sync problem, press "2" to call it onto LCD, and check the video modes
Then, try different video modes to test if any modes work on CRT.

I experienced the similar problem, everything installed correctly, but the picture did not sync correctly due to unknown reason. It stood on a video mode which is out of sync with my CRT. I should manually switch to 15KHz video mode and keep it as desktop mode for one time. After that, everything works.

Good luck!

Undarated

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 06:10:33 am »
Thank you for this. I removed the apu and motherboard.  I ended up scoring an i5 2500k with board and ram combo and a hd 5770 for super cheap.  I have an extra Trinitron so all I need is another transcoder and I’ll definitely try it again.