Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What's the latest MAME Golden Tee Supported?  (Read 39388 times)

usaf-lt-g

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2023, 01:57:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
What's the latest MAME Golden Tee Supported?
« on: March 03, 2017, 10:03:28 am »
Have a party coming up tomorrow, and folks loves thems some golden tee action.

Problem is, I think the ones I have are 2k and circa 1999-2001 at the latest.

Anything newer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimmyU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 16, 2024, 11:11:58 pm
  • I believe I can fly!
Re: What's the latest MAME Golden Tee Supported?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 10:23:24 am »
The Fore! series was added about a year ago. You will need a semi-decent computer to play it and play it on standard resolution, not medium.

usaf-lt-g

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 10:27:05 am »
The Fore! series was added about a year ago. You will need a semi-decent computer to play it and play it on standard resolution, not medium.

I've got a very up to date overkill machine guts put together. Which particular roms are actually running. I'm not familiar with the Fore series, albeit, I've seen it mentioned a few times in passing.

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:46:13 am
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 07:59:30 am »
There is an iteagle ROM needed for any of the Fore! games.  Beyond that, you only really need the gtfore06 (Golden Tee Fore! Complete) ROM as it has every full course from the series. The first game in the series, gtfore01, does have two additional 9-hole courses but for a party the complete version will be all you need.  Keep in mind they added two buttons for these games: Fly-By and Backspin.

FAQ's regarding these games:

Q: How do I get it to run faster?
A: Switch the resolution dip switch to "low res".

Q: It's still running slow on low res, how do I get it to run faster?
A: Buy an Intel CPU with a faster single core speed.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 08:01:17 am by DarthMarino »

usaf-lt-g

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 12:30:19 pm »
There is an iteagle ROM needed for any of the Fore! games.  Beyond that, you only really need the gtfore06 (Golden Tee Fore! Complete) ROM as it has every full course from the series. The first game in the series, gtfore01, does have two additional 9-hole courses but for a party the complete version will be all you need.  Keep in mind they added two buttons for these games: Fly-By and Backspin.

FAQ's regarding these games:

Q: How do I get it to run faster?
A: Switch the resolution dip switch to "low res".

Q: It's still running slow on low res, how do I get it to run faster?
A: Buy an Intel CPU with a faster single core speed.

I have the ITEAGLE set, and all the CHD files for each of the golden tee fore series in their own folder. HOWEVER, no where in the MAME.xml / HyperSpin is their any reference to a Golden Tee Fore series game.

How the heck do you get these to appear / launch?

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 01:26:07 pm »
What version of MAME are you using?

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 01:27:50 pm »
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

SlyBlueFox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2023, 12:11:50 pm
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 04:16:49 pm »
I have the ITEAGLE set, and all the CHD files for each of the golden tee fore series in their own folder. HOWEVER, no where in the MAME.xml / HyperSpin is their any reference to a Golden Tee Fore series game.

How the heck do you get these to appear / launch?

For whatever reason, they took them out of the HyperList xml (I want to say they were in there at one point in time). You will have to manually add them to the xml. Just for reference, I have an i7 4790k and gtfore runs good on it without changing any default settings.

usaf-lt-g

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 05:14:34 pm »
I have .178b installed. Ditto what you said above on hyper list. That must be my problem. Does someone have the xml thy could post the references here for me to add to mine?

usaf-lt-g

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 09:53:22 pm »
Never mind I got it. For future reference, a download of the hyperspin "full name database XML" which also carries genre split outs will do the trick.

And a trick. CHT files must be in their own separate folder named after the rom file.

And the rom file just needs to be a blank text file in the main roms directory and then renamed to a zip.

Example: for Golden Tee Fore 2006 Complete....

You need to creat a 0kb rom file names gtfore06.zip and place it in your main roms folders. You also need to create a folder called: gtfore06 and place the CHT files in this folder.

You should already have the eagleIT rom.

Once that's all done, everything should work.

I also will pass on that with a fast processor, no additional settings are necessary. I get full framer ate on high res.

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 12:13:17 am »
If you hit it into the woods and there are a lot of transparent trees on the screen, that will use the most horsepower. 

Scantron5k

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 08, 2019, 03:13:32 pm
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2017, 12:29:27 pm »
Hello,

I am experiencing a similar issue, but I am looking for GT 2007. I have the GT Complete, but seeing as it's been 10 years since GT 2007 came out I would assume that somebody SOMEWHERE has emulated the rom. Does anyone have a handle on a GT 2007 or newer? And if not, can anyone explain why they don't exist yet??

Thanks!

goodoldays

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2019, 09:11:23 pm
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 10:39:08 am »
Hello everyone, please forgive me for reviving this bit of a zombie thread, but...I'll be brief!

I built a cabinet, used an X Arcade control box with the track ball, purchased a Raspberry Pi 3b, and had someone install Retropie on it with some console and arcade console emulators.

All works fine for the most part- my favorite games won't save for some reason and saves stopped working on a lot of the consoles, but, sigh, that's for another day.

What I REALLY want to do is get the most recent version of Golden Tee running that I can. Right now I have 2K going just fine- which I believe is the most recent version I have on my unit...but I think I can get all the way to Fore / Complete?

I realize I need more CPU horsepower, that's no problem. I would just like to know what's the best fit, without going gonzo on $$$. I have read if played in a down-rez version that something as vanilla as an older intel i machine will work, if running fast enough. ??? I guess if there's a slightly more expensive option that will yield improved performance, I would be willing to spend...

Last, I am already WAY in over my head. I had massive problems just getting the X Arcade controller to work and I have SERIOUS reservations about getting mame/retropie set up on this new cpu. So then, my question is: is there a resource for guys like me willing to pay $'s for someone to get something like this running for me? I've looked a bit and even placed an ad on c-list with very little fortune.

ANY help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
James

1500points

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2018, 01:44:12 pm
    • How to succeed at Robotron
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2018, 12:09:01 pm »
I bought an average $75 shipped Dell pc from ebay that was good enough to run 2006 golden tee complete.

Forget the Pi stuff.

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:22:05 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 12:12:32 pm »
You can buy a Golden Tee on Craigslist for like 500 bucks sometimes less. They are all over the place. That is a little more than the cost of a PC you would need to emulate it.

goodoldays

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2019, 09:11:23 pm
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2018, 07:12:19 pm »
You can buy a Golden Tee on Craigslist for like 500 bucks sometimes less. They are all over the place. That is a little more than the cost of a PC you would need to emulate it.

I haven’t seen a 2006 (GT) or later around me that cheap(they’re usually $700+) and most below that are REALLY beat up. Plus, i already built a cab running on a PI 3 and it’s worked great thus far- including GT up to 2001. Don’t need or want another cab to take up space, plus this will play thousands of other games, of course.

I just picked up a Dell Optiflex with an i7 3rd gen running at 3.4Ghz with 8 gigs of RAM for $100- I think this should do it?

Now let’s see if my duma$$ can get it all working!

Thanks!

James
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 07:17:17 pm by goodoldays »