Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Raspberry Pi Zero W released today  (Read 10229 times)

nitrogen_widget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 09:10:09 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Raspberry Pi Zero W released today
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2017, 01:53:33 pm »
You'd have to write a communication system to sync them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allready done.
there is something called pi wall that does this.

hmmm.....2 13.3" widescreen TV's de-cassed and side by side. :)
Stats   13.3 inch 16x9      
Width   11.59 inches      
Height   6.52 inches

$40 a pop.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TVD1801-13-13-3-LED-AC-DC-TV-with-DVD-Player-Full-HD-with-HDMI-SD-card-reader-/112332058708?hash=item1a27833054:g:gy4AAOSw~AVYnMIP

Only problem is they are parts only with broken screens !!

Item condition:
For parts or not working

“Parts item only. Broken screen. Original packaging. Packaging slightly distressed.”   

BAH!
i don't think i got enough sleep last night. :)

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 01:55:38 pm »
Pi wall. I feel like I've heard of that. Cools. Still not doing it hah hah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

elvis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2023, 05:31:03 pm
  • penguin poker
    • StickFreaks
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2017, 07:30:03 am »

I know I've posted this before, but anytime anybody gets excited about something like this, it reminds me of this comic.

Eh, each to their own.  I know folks who would give you (and I) a hard time for playing old video games and calling it fun.  Keep that in perspective when you give someone else a hard time for liking a particular bit of hardware or software.  We're all nerdy/passionate about something that someone else finds stupid.

On topic, I've had a long standing desire to make an "oversized" GameBoy/GBC at one point, just for lolz.  The Pi-Zero-W would be perfect.  Lightweight enough to run from a "powerbank" style battery and drive a 7" screen.  Plan is to make it double the X and Y dimensions (puts it at about the size of a standard A4 piece of paper, similar to any modern tablet, and a screen that's almost exactly as tall as a 7" 16:9 display that I could put a mask over to make it look like a GB screen), keeping the depth the same.  I'd love to 3D print the whole thing if possible.

Failing that, the backup plan was a "wall art installation" style setup I could hang on the wall at home that had a Game and Watch simulator running in it.

Any of those tasks should be trivially handled by a Pi-Zero-W, be cool enough to be kept in a tight space with limited airflow, and potentially even battery powered.