Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Adding new emulator to arcade cabinets  (Read 491 times)

RS200Dan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Adding new emulator to arcade cabinets
« on: February 26, 2017, 05:43:04 am »
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me with my arcade cabinet. I have an ultimate arcade 3 side coffee table machine that I purchased about 2 years ago, (even though they claim 5 year technical support they have failed to reply to any emails I have sent asking for help), I want to add another emulator so I can play super Mario kart on it from the old SNES an was wondering if anyone could help me in doing this? It currently runs a Mame emulator so I don't know if it is possible to run 2 different emulators on one machine?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

EMDB

• Offline Offline
  • Project RetroCade
Re: Adding new emulator to arcade cabinets
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 11:12:44 am »
When you want to run multiple games or emulators you need some kind of frontend (like Hyperspin). See http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,84933.0.html for a full list...

GlynH

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 11:45:30 am »
I too would be interested in how to add another emulator to my arcade coffee table currently running MAME under MaLa

Is there an Adding Emulators for Dummies or Idiots Guide with a step-by-step process for adding other Emulators to this type of setup please? :)

Most of the resources I have seen assume a huge amount of up-front knowledge and are usually a brief, cryptic outline where I usually fall at the first hurdle.

I would love to know how to add alternative Emulators and a few games to my existing setup.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 03:30:38 pm »
You would need to provide far more information for anyone to be able to help you.

What is your current set up run on for a start?
Is it PC based, RPi, Pandora box etc?

GlynH

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 11:42:22 pm »
Thanks for the reply Titch,

I've seen references to Mame working on Raspberry Pi (albeit slowly) but I wasn't aware MaLa would run on anything other than PC? Does RPi even have the horsepower to run multiple emulations?

Hardware/software as follows if it helps;

Dell Optiplex 755 SFF
BIOS A22
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33GHz E6550 (awaiting upgrade to Intel Core 2 Quad 3.0GHz Q9650)
Hitachi 500GB HDS725050KLA360 HDD (awaiting upgrade to Samsung EVO 850 Pro 512GB SSD)
Intel Q35 1280x1024 32 bit Integrated Graphics
4GB Samsung RAM
Windows XP Professional SP3
Dell P1914S 19" Monitor
I-pac 2
Mame 0.146 (been playing around with 0.161 executable only)
MaLa 1.74 (been playing around with 1.82 Beta executable only)

Hope that helps but if you need any further info please ask.

It would be good to setup different Emulators to have a play around with.

I cut my teeth on an Amiga and still have fond memories so it would be ideal if my setup might be powerful enough to run this emulation but I'd settle for the usual Nintendo, Atari, Sega or whatever else I can get away with!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 11:45:31 pm by GlynH »

05SRT4

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Check out my Pow Pow
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 02:31:07 am »
Your system will be able to handle everything you mentioned. Its just a matter of getting them on there.

You will want to find a Front End so that you can view all the different Emulators in a nice organized menu.

There are several Front Ends to choose from. I personally use HyperSpin but for you I would recommend staying away as its difficult to setup.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,84933.0.html is a good place to see what others are using (just submit a vote so you can see the totals), once you find the name of the Front End you want to check out just do a search here or on google to see the layouts.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 04:27:21 am »
Maybe have a look at maximus arcade.
Its a pretty basic fe but very easy to setup and use.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31