Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Sega Model 2 steering wheel help  (Read 7443 times)

jevansoh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 23, 2023, 04:56:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Sega Model 2 steering wheel help
« on: February 26, 2017, 05:21:58 am »
I'm having more bad luck.  While waiting on responses to my other threads I decided to give Sega Model 2 a go.  Well, it's a no go.

I can't get any buttons or pedals or the wheel itself to respond to anything in model 2.

I know my wheel works ok because Model 3, using Supermodel, was extremely easy to set up.  It even has force feedback!  Everything works great with Model 3 but I just can't get Model 2 to recognize my steering wheel.

My options are gamepad 1-4 but it only lists them generically like that instead of listing the actual G920 steering wheel. 

I have all other gamepads unplugged at the moment, btw.

I've searched and searched and just cannot come up with a solution.  I put a check in the three boxes but when I press a button/pedal or turn the wheel, nothing changes where it says calibration in those boxes.  I've tried gamepad 1-4 and get no response from any option.

I previously had it working fine with an Xbox 360 controller, but obviously want to use my steering wheel now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--J

jevansoh

• Offline Offline
Re: Sega Model 2 steering wheel help
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 05:44:15 am »
After some more searching I found I had to change the xinput from a 1 to a 0 in the ini file.

This got the pedals working fine.  So I'm making progress.

The problem now is the wheel doesn't work.  No matter how far I turn it in game, it doesn't steer.  However, when selecting a track, car, automatic/manual transmission, etc, the wheel works fine.

I don't know what else to try at this point.

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:43:52 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 06:41:58 am »
Have you read the model 2 setup guide stickied at the top of this subforum?

I'm not sure anyone else here has used a 920 yet.
I assume it would work the same as a G27.

jevansoh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 09:17:02 am »
Ok, I got model 2 working.  I didn't realize that not only do I have to set the settings per game (is there a way to do a Global settings change??) but also, for whatever reason, Daytona requires the wheel to be inverted while Daytona 93 does not.

Now if only I could get SF Rush working. :(

Thanks for your help and for the guide/sticky!

jevansoh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 09:21:50 am »
I wanted to buy a G27 for compatibility reasons just because I know so many people have used them on these emulators but they are going for astronomical prices right now; and that's for used/refurbished ones!

According to reviews, the 920 is almost identical in performance/usage, though, so hopefully it will work the same.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting it set up with the different emulators so unfortunately, I will most likely have to create some more threads unless you suggest I create just "one" thread for help with all the emulators?

I don't know which is more appropriate.  I figured individual threads per emulator/topic was best, but don't want to clutter up the forum.  Suggestions?

Thanks again,

--J

BadMouth

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 12:43:52 pm
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 10:30:43 am »
Don't create a new thread for every friggin' game in MAME.  Keeping emulators separate is fine.

It sounds like you're having the same types of issues with each game anyway.

jevansoh

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 10:56:32 am »
lol I wasn't going to do that for every game, just each emulator.  Glad to know you agree, though. :)

Thanks for your support.

I'm on to Project 64 right now and am having the same exact issues with calibrating the wheel.  Any good "wheel" guides or plugins for the controller for that emulator I should know about?

All that reading I did to be "ahead" of the game and I feel like I'll never get it working. :(

Thanks!

--J