Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I need basic help with arcade montors.  (Read 2064 times)

JoysticKnight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2017, 12:06:07 am
  • I want to make an arcade. Help. Please.
I need basic help with arcade montors.
« on: February 23, 2017, 03:55:51 pm »
Ok so, I literally for right now just need a part referanced. I just want to start in seeing if reinstalling that peice will solve my current problem (2/23/2017). So I have a converted ninja assault cabinet. The moniter is from Hantarex and is the POLO 25 series. I've been looking around and seeing that there are other basic problems concerning this manufacturer but right now all I need is this: *reference the attached photos from he link* (https://m.imgur.com/gallery/0uSJM). On the board it seems a single resistor or something of that nature has completely busted in two. What I want is to find that specific part number so that I can replace it and see if that solves my issue. Please I need help.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:57:38 pm by JoysticKnight »
Until I discover the kingdom, star-crossed and suspired
                                                          - JoysticKnight

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 08:06:32 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: I need basic help with arcade montors.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:33:06 pm »
It's probably not a resistor. Looks more like a diode of some kind, but make sure of that.

Next step is to google the service manual or schematics. Find any and all numbers you can on the chassis, neckboard and tube proper, and see what comes up. You can also try the machine name, etc. DO NOT presume that anything you find is correct until you've checked it against the board you have, to make sure they're the same. Then replace the component.

You might also think about checking components around it. If it failed before it broke in half, something might have caused that failure, and you'll just destroy your new part, or even destroy other parts.

JoysticKnight

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 24, 2017, 12:06:07 am
  • I want to make an arcade. Help. Please.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 12:03:09 am »
Right I don't think it's a resistor either. So here's the lowdown, this thing has been sitting, off, for a fews years, and only occasionally turned on about 30-60 minutes. About 2 weeks ago I put it into service and it runs (to what I'm told) about a week. But about ten minutes before I go to check on it, I'm told the screen just "went out". So the power's on (the main lamp and coin lights function) and there's this little popping sound about once every .9 seconds. Along with the familiar sound of the TV trying to turn on (but failing at every pop of course) I open it up and kind of blindly look about. I mess with a power transformer (apart from the TV board) and I'm pretty sure I popped that fuse (mind you I messed with it before and was considering whether or not this whole issue was my misguided fault). I replace the fuse and still hear the popping noise. So I finally bring out the board and this piece is just busted in two. Now, I realize that if I replace the piece it will probably bust, I just want to see if even that will happen (being that this is a somewhat weathered contraption). Looking through the schematics is like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles. That's where I need help.
Until I discover the kingdom, star-crossed and suspired
                                                          - JoysticKnight

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 12:45:29 am »
there is several good write ups on polos
your very first thought is a cap kit >extened<
so to inculde the high voltage caps that fail
next that is a diode that blew apart
next your horz output transistor will be shot
u will also need a new flyback >stay away from bob roberts..junk<
also the polos are famous for there > smps= switching power supply (when u hear the term again) will need caps also<
that is kit #2
if u need more adice ring me up
btw i take it u have a multi meter ?

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:25:45 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 02:20:26 am »
one of the easiest to repair and most reliable monitors ever made imo