Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Flickering image on Bang Olufsen TV  (Read 545 times)

bluetrain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Flickering image on Bang Olufsen TV
« on: February 20, 2017, 03:47:00 am »
Im a bit puzzled so maybe you guys can help me out.

Some month ago I bought a Bang Olufsen MX8000 tv (4:3 tube tv with scart only) . As I didnt have desktop pc at the moment I hooked it up to an old xbox with a rgb scart and it works pretty good. However my goal was always to use a desktop with a ATi card and groovymame to get that flawless emulation.

Said and done I got a desktop PC with an ATI HD5770 Silent (fanless) and a SCART adapter. The UMSA from arcade forge http://arcadeforge.net/UMSA:::15.html?MODsid=1d2eab7959cb8082b51bef3952c26736. So I hooked up a scart from the tv to the adapter and then a vga from the adapter to DVI on graphics card (as it has no vga).

I burned a groovymame live cd (the latest) and the picture just flickers in the menu. I tried both standard arcade (15,7khz) and pal tv but flickers anyway. Im not sure what mode I choose
but somehow when pressing buttons random I manage to start a game and then the picture was ok!

Any clues what to do?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
Re: Flickering image on Bang Olufsen TV
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:49:26 am »
Any clues what to do?

Try Windows 7. It adds bilinear filtering (blurriness for some) to interlaced modes, reducing flicker a big amount.
Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead or pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

bluetrain

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:36:54 am »
Thanks Calamity! I will try that. However just for the record its no small flicker, more out of sync. Like this.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 10:08:00 am »
Flicker? That's Jupiter man.
Steps to create a log:

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

bluetrain

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 09:25:20 am »
Haha yeah... well that was the best I could find... Anyway. I tried with win7 (and your drivers of course) and when I tried to lower resolution to lets say something like 200x300 at 60hz it shows that on the lcd-monitor. So I guess the crt driver is working then? When I unhook and reconnect to the tv its the out of sync show as you can see below. Could it somehow be driver related?

Calamity

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 01:05:22 pm »
It sounds like GA is sending the signal to the wrong output (or if you prefer, the DVI adapter is plugged in the wrong output).
Steps to create a log:

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31