Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hyrule Rumble - The installation guide to Sjaak's PMBR  (Read 5713 times)

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
Hyrule Rumble - The installation guide to Sjaak's PMBR
« on: February 18, 2017, 06:04:42 pm »
Seems as tho some folks would appreciate a how-to on getting Sjaak's Pac-Man Battle Royale version going.  This thread aims to consolidate all the information between the Banana Royale thread and the PMBR build thread. 

Unfortunately getting the game running isn't a one-step download process.  You will need the following:
You might also need DirectX 9.0c.

Once you've installed the required dependencies you'll need the game which is available here.  This is version 6 as is the most up-to-date as of 31 Aug 2016.  When you unzip BananaRoyale6 I recommend placing the folder in your root drive.  Mine is c:/Hyrule_Rumble, you can leave it BananaRoyale6 or whatever you like providing there are no spaces anywhere in the path. Make sure the path to the folder of the game doesn't contain any spaces. 

To play Hyrule Rumble you'll need a few more things.  Download Hyrule_Rumble sounds.rar and Hyrule_Rumble levels and sprites.rar from below.  When you unpack them the entire contents of both folders goes into the game root folder.  In this example c:/Hyrule_Rumble.  Just overwrite the other sounds and folders.  I included my Game.ini so when you execute the game you'll be set for Hyrule_Rumble as played on a regular screen, in windowed mode, with HLSL disabled. 

The game does not support joysticks so if you're setup using a joypad encoder you'll need to set-up a JoytoKey profiles or a similar tool to get you playing.  Otherwise just assign keys as needed.  To get you playing out of the box just use the direction arrows and the Lctrl button and you'll be off to the races. 

There is no quit key but Alt+F4 works a trick.  Recommend setting that up in JoytoKey as well if your FE doesn't do it for you.

Hyrule_Rumble has seven levels and comes with no music.  Right now music is global, so whatever tune you pick will be the same for every level.  You can roll your own from the Zelda Universe.  They already come as .mp3 so just rename your winner to Custom.mp3 and drop it in your game folder.

Screencaps are below.  Some of these are from a version back so there are minor tweaks to what you're actually getting - but you get the idea.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 06:08:46 pm by Le Chuck »

jmike

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 26, 2023, 05:14:03 am
Re: Hyrule Rumble - The installation guide to Sjaak's PMBR
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 03:59:24 am »
 :applaud:  Thanks for the tutorial Le Chuck.
Always wanted to give this version a try.

:cheers:

Hutt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2022, 11:02:48 am
  • I like eggs.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 09:18:45 am »
Awesome, thank you Le Chuck.
Up and running fine.

Have other people made the playfields/sprite sets available for download?
I see many png files of a complete set of art but didn't notice any download links for individual file sets.

Le Chuck

• Saint, make a poll!
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 06:01:28 pm
  • <insert personal text here>
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 03:27:49 pm »
Awesome, thank you Le Chuck.
Up and running fine.

Have other people made the playfields/sprite sets available for download?
I see many png files of a complete set of art but didn't notice any download links for individual file sets.

There is a sprite set using Pac-Man style sprite available but the Hyrule Rumble levels are unique to the Hyrule Rumble maze2.png.  So if you were to use my levels and Sjaak's maze2.png the levels would play fine but look garbled - so you'd have to roll your own levels or just use the stock ones.

Damageinc86 posted a link to a his Pac-man sprite set in Sjaak's build thread, quoted below for continuity:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhDmI_yynaVjdjLl37bS8T1tGSI

When the game was in early stages of design sprites were collected from a single sprite sheet.  All those sheets are for those versions, if you wanted to use any of them they would require being split apart and renamed to match the current file structure. 

Dinner Supreme

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2020, 12:39:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 07:54:52 pm »
(Related to regular Banana Royale 6)

Hello.

To get right to the point. This game crashes on my friends pc right when you get to "Fight!" before any movement happens. It works on mines though. We both have location of the file in mind to not have spaces in the address. Heck we even tried it with it in the root. Yes I've read all the thread posts here, including the one with "Hyrule Rumble" and "Battle Royale replica".

We both have the bananaroyale.exe on the Avast Exclusion list. The only difference between me and my friend's pc is that his is Windows 7 and my mini laptop where I successfully play it on is Windows 8. I'm concerned since I want to transfer this game to my Main PC where I have all of my games and it's a Windows 7 PC.

We also tried running as Administrator......he already has the latest XNA and .NET stuff.

What could be the problem?

Another few things: Is there a way to make the game into "Deluxe" display within the settings? (nothing is flipped, all of the text are facing the same direction as if all players were looking at big flatscreen tv in a living room)

What are the other difficulties. The default is "Normal" in the settings. Are there more? Is it three and other two are "Easy" and "Hard" written exactly?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:57:52 pm by Dinner Supreme »

william22

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2017, 11:26:39 am
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 11:26:40 am »
See attachmant :)

Dinner Supreme

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2020, 12:39:43 am
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 03:10:06 am »
I don't see how that attachment fixes this problem

Sir LoLz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2018, 06:18:35 pm
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 10:04:01 pm »
mmm. Avast seems to hate this file? why would banana Royal show up as a false positive? anyone else having this issue? is the file safe?

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 03:07:31 am »
mmm. Avast seems to hate this file? why would banana Royal show up as a false positive? anyone else having this issue? is the file safe?

Its safe.