Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: HP ZR30W - How to turn on automatically with power up?  (Read 444 times)

NinjaMcBritster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
HP ZR30W - How to turn on automatically with power up?
« on: February 15, 2017, 06:14:37 pm »
Hi, I have built an machine using an HP ZR30W monitor, the monitor bezel covers the power on button and of course the Plexiglas covers both the bezel and the monitor.  I'm having trouble getting the monitor to turn on when the arcade machine is turned on.  I have it on an auto switching power strip that energizes the power strip when it senses the PC turn on.  The power strip works correctly as all the other devices power up.  I have also tried powering the monitor constantly with a non switching power outlet. 

It seems that if the monitor is powered down and disconnected from power long enough, it loses it's standby mode and requires a physical press of the front power switch to turn on.  Has anyone else seen this happen?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: HP ZR30W - How to turn on automatically with power up?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 04:03:06 pm »
the time to discover it doesn't power on when plugged in is before you buy it so you can choose a different monitor.

do a search into using a capacitor across the power button contacts. there where a few threads about it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31