Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Play over  (Read 2054 times)

SCking

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 12:31:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Play over
« on: February 11, 2017, 04:53:04 pm »
Can any home receiver be used to enable a TouchTunes (jms cpu) to play over house music?   My situation is my location plays satellite radio in house.  If some one wants to play TT.  They have to change setting on receiver. Satellite wired to AUX.  TT wired to CD.  After TT done playing they have to switch back to AUX.  How can I make the TT play over the sat and switch back without mashing buttons?       Thanks 

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Play over
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 11:55:15 am »
you need to pipe the satellite into the jukebox through auxiliary then use a blue DI box to go back into the receiver.

problem is, as you describe, it sounds like the satellite radio is internal to the receiver. you likely aren't going to be able to extract the audio to feed it into the juke. they often don't output those signals because it would allow recording. but if you did or it is enabled, you would also need an external amp to drive the speakers.

if this was a portable unit like an onyx, stratus, or starmate (like what you'd install to a car) this would be easy. Portable units can be had super cheap, (I see them in thrift shops for 10 or 20 bucks) see if your location would consider swapping to a portable unit if you bought it. they can call and just have them switch the account to the portable unit. There is a fee to switch radios that varies by what package you have. (I think if you have everything it's max 75 bucks. but it's less for just basic service.)

then it's just a matter of piping the portable output into the touchtunes computer input (use a red DI box if JCB or the adapter cable if MJS computer) and then feed the juke audio out through Blue DI box into the existing amp input you have already.

then they can just leave everything and the juke will switch everything.

SCking

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2024, 12:31:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Play over
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 10:30:30 am »
Gotcha. Thanks !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk