Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Help, party guests changed my menu  (Read 4320 times)

MovingTarget

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2023, 10:22:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Help, party guests changed my menu
« on: February 10, 2017, 02:11:53 pm »
I admit I haven't spent lots of hours on setting up Mala as the front end but I do use it.  Someone came over to me at my super bowl party and said they couldn't figure out how to get the arcade to work, I looked and it's on a menu that says "controls, year", etc.  Normally it just shows a list of all the games, you can move the joystick to the left or right to show most played or verified (which I don't care for btw).  I can seem to use the new menus to filter, but just verified and most played.

I just want it to show a list of all the games, and ideally set it up so the end user can't do something like this again.

1.  How do I get it back to the way it was?
2.  Is there a way to disable the ability for them to get into this mode it's in now?
3.  Can I disable the ability to filter by moving the joystick to the right or left?  I really just want the simple list of games.

Thanks.

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
Re: Help, party guests changed my menu
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 08:03:12 am »
Sounds like someone has activated the Info window. You can turn it off by going into options->controller->keyboard->advanced and delete the key used to active the info window. Right click on it to delete.

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 08:50:29 am »
Another reason to keep your cab guest friendly. I got rid of all administration functions except pause and exit.

MovingTarget

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2023, 10:22:32 am
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 05:35:39 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  I am using version 1.73.  I'm not able to get back to it just showing all the games.

I did go into the menu as suggested and removed all of the options (right clicked on them).

PLEASE HELP.  How do I get just the list of all the games for MAME, which is the only emulator I'm running?

As it is now, it displays a menu that FORCES me to filter the games.  Says:

Control
Genre
Manufacturer
Players
Year

I don't want to ever see this menu again, I just want a list of all the games.

big10p

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2023, 01:46:23 pm
  • Mmmm, arcade classics!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 06:04:37 am »
I'm running v1.82 but I doubt that makes a difference. Sounds like you have a filter set active, or something. Look in options->GUI->filter and make sure there isn't a filter set selected. If that isn't the problem, can you zip up your MaLa folder (minus any video/sound files etc.) and post it here, so we can take a look at it.

lowlytech

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2019, 08:12:12 am
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 10:20:36 am »
I vaguely remember something similar with mala showing the year,etc instead of games when my 2 year old got on the cab for 10 seconds.  Seems like I kinda remember hitting player 2 start button to correct this?  Probably not it, but wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.