Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: rotating monitor program help.  (Read 8476 times)

Spunky_Bruiser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2017, 01:04:19 pm
  • I try and always look to improve myself
rotating monitor program help.
« on: February 09, 2017, 01:39:41 pm »
My uncle gave me an old arcade cabinet since they knew I built one before for a Mame arcade. I wanted a new challenge and went with a rotating monitor challenge. Plan A for that crashed and burned I talked with byancey and looked at Gorf's designs and went along their blue prints and well after a delay things are looking up. I am using a servo and a polulu controller. Problem is I have no idea WTF i am doing when it comes to servos and servo controllers. I see in the last tab program or script I assume you need to fill out with instructions but does anyone know of a how to place that can get me started. Or after that how to get hyper spin to automatically rotate it and then back to horizontal. Think that would be hyper launch and I may be able to figure that out. I see other topics about "mrotate", but the polulu using a usb I read that that is a printer cable and I guess my question would be where to start.  I took a video of my monitor in action and it would appear that it is off center a little bit and can not go the full 90 degrees. One side can go more so I was going to try and adjust the nut some. Anyway any help pointing me in a direction would be helpful.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:55:52 pm by Spunky_Bruiser »

raph

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 11, 2022, 11:42:35 pm
  • Gradually adding bells and whistles to a stock cab
Re: rotating monitor program help.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 11:50:35 pm »
You may want to read this post of mine: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,146947.0.html

I am also using a MicroMaestro from Pololu. I turn the monitor with a batch file, which is in the thread. The batch file is called from the frontend, with the rotation setting coming from the individual game.

Spunky_Bruiser

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 22, 2017, 01:04:19 pm
  • I try and always look to improve myself
Re: rotating monitor program help.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 11:26:12 am »
Aw man thanks. I fooled around with it again yesterday a little bit (been working like a dog at work), but just starred at the controller in a what the f am I doing moment lol. I did not get too far because I did not put the bolt glue on there yet while I finish the final tweaks but I appreciate your help.  :notworthy: