Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SDL MAME Mac OSX and QMC2 Frontend help!  (Read 2615 times)

repetto74

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2020, 02:10:00 pm
SDL MAME Mac OSX and QMC2 Frontend help!
« on: February 09, 2017, 03:25:43 am »
Hi guys,

I may not post this on the correct section but I am trying to solve a problem I have in configuring MAME with a frontend.

I am using MAC OSX Sierra and I have a Mac version of MAME called SDLMAME (Version 0.161) together with the full romset for this 0.161 release. This SDLMAME is a command line emulator so not very handy. Searching through the web pointed me to the QMC2 FrontEnd so I grabbed the latest release.
Unfortunately after the set up process where I am asked to point to different paths such as Mame executable, roms folder it is impossible to display the whole gamelist in the main QMC2 window.

If some of you is experienced with this FrontEnd he may guide me on how to fix this. I would like to know firt of all if there is a relationship between the QMC2 release version and the SDlMAME version. Actually I am trying to use the latest QMC2 release with an old SDLMAME version (actual SDLMAME version is 0.182) but for which I do have a complete romset. Are they compatible?
  ??? :-\
Thanks
Rick

alfonzotan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 28, 2023, 08:39:45 am
    • The Cab With No Name
Re: SDL MAME Mac OSX and QMC2 Frontend help!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 12:17:15 pm »
Not an exact answer to all your questions, but here's a summary of my experiences with Mac MAME front ends from a while back.  No idea how well any of this will work under Sierra, YMMV.  Good luck!

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,138555.msg1431121.html

keilmillerjr

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2023, 10:20:39 pm
  • Web Developer.
Re: SDL MAME Mac OSX and QMC2 Frontend help!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 04:25:34 pm »
Any non windows variant of mame runs on SDL. Mame is focused around command line launching, but has had a built in ui for some time now. Maybe since 0.158? It mentions ui in the whatsnew.txt for that version. I have used QMC2 before, and didn’t have any issue with setting it up. The arcade mode on it is cheesy. Then attract mode was released and I never even clicked on the app again.