Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can anyone help with my TV geomtery issues???  (Read 1694 times)

Slider1385

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2021, 06:17:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Can anyone help with my TV geomtery issues???
« on: February 08, 2017, 03:59:14 pm »
I've exhausted my google abilities with this and hope someone will be able to give some advice.  In my cabinet I have a Samsung 27" TV, model TXN2730F.  I proceeded to hook it up and the picture was a bit off geometry wise.  Like an idiot......I went into the service manual without first taking a picture of the values.  I got it somewhat better, but basically my edges on the screen are not straight, driving me crazy.  There is whatsoever no documentation on this TV I could find, so when i went in I basically had to experiment to figure out what the service menu codes meant.

So I'm basically asking for a few options.  Is there anywhere, or anyone, that would know what the factory settings would be, or how to reset the service menu values?  I just got off a chat with samsung and they are unable to help me out.

My other question, if there are any pros that may have read this.  If I take a few pictures of how it looks, and the service menu options, would anybody be able to steer me in the right direction about what values to change?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help!!!

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:39:51 am
  • This plan is foolproof
Re: Can anyone help with my TV geomtery issues???
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 05:16:21 pm »
there are websites out there that have manuals for just about everything. Just google "Samsung 27" TV, model TXN2730F manual".

Slider1385

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2021, 06:17:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 06:06:20 pm »
Trust me, I've been on google for hours trying to figure this out.  I currently have 11 tabs open with various searches, none are even close to helping.  I have  found the user manual, but it doesn't include anything relating to the service menu.  There is a service manual on a few sites I can purchase, I just don't know if that will help either, all it looks like it has is electrical diagrams and schematics, I'd rather not pay for it and it turn out to be a waste. 

Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it!!

Mike A

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:39:51 am
  • This plan is foolproof
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:24:36 pm »
Yeah. I flipped through one of those manuals. It wasn't helpful for your issue. Sorry I can't help you more.

princess prin prin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:54:46 am
  • intrinsically safe
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 03:43:32 am »
By googling a bit I seem to understand this model has the K57A(N) chassis so you can use the service manual of any other model that has the same chassis, like this one:

https://elektrotanya.com/samsung_cmf2710sx_kmt_chassis_k57a_n.pdf/download.html

Relevant sections for you is 4-2 (Factory/Service Mode) and in particular 4-2-2 (Main Adjustment Parameter) and 4-3-11 (Geometry Adjustment).