Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ATOM-15 Black screen  (Read 1812 times)

Elbaid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2017, 12:46:00 pm
ATOM-15 Black screen
« on: February 06, 2017, 08:05:12 am »
Hi, having just flashed my third ATI card with ATOM-15 without the expected results I think it may be time to give up.

I tried a HD 4350, 6570 and recently a 6670 in an asus p8z77-v pro motherboard connected to a Sony PVM-20L.

All I get during boot up is a black screen until Windows and CRT-Emu drivers kick in. Atom-15 and ATI-winflash reported success with the flashing and my LCD went blank during the boot, yet displayed the BIOS before flashing so I believe the card is outputting the correct mode during boot, but either my MOBO, PVM or both are incompatible.

The PVM is 15.7 khz max so can't show 600i and the ASUS is UEFI. Is this a hopeless situation? I thought I'd at least see some text during boot up.

Thanks

EDIT* I tried the DVI-I port with a DVI/VGA adapter and still get a black scree and get nothing in windows until plugging back into VGA port
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:08:13 am by Elbaid »

buttersoft

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 12:55:20 am
  • Is running at 15kHz
Re: ATOM-15 Black screen
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 05:52:30 pm »
Hmmm, will a UEFI Bios display in 600i @50Hz? Your PVM is probably capable of 16.2kHz, so that might be a way around. I'm not sure where the Atom15 modelists are though. Just thinking out loud, really.

Calamity

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2024, 02:02:31 pm
  • Quote me with care
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 04:38:16 am »
That sounds as if the mother board is disabling the card output for some reason, maybe due the safe boot feature. Is there an onboard GPU? Have you tried connecting the cable to it?

Important note: posts reporting GM issues without a log will be IGNORED.
Steps to create a log:
 - From command line, run: groovymame.exe -v romname >romname.txt
 - Attach resulting romname.txt file to your post, instead of pasting it.

CRT Emudriver, VMMaker & Arcade OSD downloads, documentation and discussion:  Eiusdemmodi

Elbaid

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2017, 12:46:00 pm
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 12:47:55 pm »
OK, just connected TV to onboard HDMI and the BIOS was displayed so I disabled iGPU and now the complete BIOS and bootup info is displayed on the CRT! I can't believe I didn't think of this, but very happy to have a fully contained MAME PC with no need for a second display.
Thanks a lot, you'll find a small donation in your Paypal account