Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Issues updating GroovyArcade/GroovyMAME Linux  (Read 2343 times)

Moburma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2018, 05:28:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Issues updating GroovyArcade/GroovyMAME Linux
« on: January 29, 2017, 03:28:33 pm »
Hi all,

I've seen a few topics on problems related with updating Groovyarcade, but I've not seen discussion of this particular issue. Specifically, if I run pacman -Syyu (or even just -Syu), everything updates fine, but I then lose 15khz mode on boot up. I might be missing something here, but I tried the fix video scripts but they don't seem to work. The end result is I have a system that only outputs in 15lhz when I run MAME itself. Any ideas what I'm missing?

Second issue is that if I update Groovymame itself, my Xbox pad stops working. Everything works fine with the version included with the original install version (0.177), but if I use any of the newer versions posted it simply isn't detected by MAME anymore. I wonder if anyone knows if this is some kind of OS/SDL driver issue? This is one of the reasons why I wanted to run the OS update above, but if I do that I get the non 15khz on boot issue. Sorry if I've missed the answer to any of this elsewhere!

Also any chance of a new liveCD? The new PortAudio feature seems a good place to bring things up to date!

intealls

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:26:21 pm
Re: Issues updating GroovyArcade/GroovyMAME Linux
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 06:46:28 pm »
Also any chance of a new liveCD? The new PortAudio feature seems a good place to bring things up to date!

PortAudio mostly makes a difference on Windows. On Linux, latency is already quite low.

badgerme

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2018, 09:28:05 am
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 08:53:11 am »
Hi there - did you ever find a fix for this? I also have the same issue where it boots in to 31khz until you open GroovyMame and then it opens in 15khz as it should...

Many thanks!

Doozer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2023, 09:19:49 am
  • Z80 ERROR
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 02:29:05 am »
Hi there - did you ever find a fix for this? I also have the same issue where it boots in to 31khz until you open GroovyMame and then it opens in 15khz as it should...

Many thanks!

Hi badgerme,

In order to preserve your kernel and not have it updated, you should add it to the list of package that you do not want to have upgraded.
This must be done before issuing the Pacman command.

Code: [Select]
sudo vi /etc/pacman.conf

Then add the following line

Code: [Select]
IgnorePkg = linux