Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Project "Procrastination X 10"  (Read 2346 times)

Lucky S.O.B.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2021, 03:02:50 pm
  • Mmmmm.... Donuts!
Project "Procrastination X 10"
« on: January 18, 2017, 06:33:23 pm »
Well I have finally made the time and gathered the motivation to build and finish a MAME cabinet that I originally started in 2004 (yes 2004... see http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,28177.0/topicseen.html) I have sold off the arcade cabinet and decided to move forward with a 4 player pedestal cabinet, so I can move/use it where ever there is a TV with an HDMI connection. I will be using  Severdhed's plans and modifying as needed.

Here is my control panel (yes its big 53" x 16") I really love Total Carnage and Smash TV so having player 3/4 level with 1/2 was a must...

Lucky S.O.B.

• Offline Offline
  • Mmmmm.... Donuts!
Re: Project "Procrastination X 10"
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 06:35:50 pm »
progress over the holidays:

Side Cut Out:

Side View Assembled Base:

Corner View Assembled Base:

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:09:50 pm »
Nice work. I appreciate your cp layout.  :cheers:

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 07:51:43 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:55:14 pm »
Looking good. You should consider the button placement above the trackball. I did that with one of my cabs (for symmetry reasons) but I found out that I didn't really use those buttons and people hit them often playing Golden Tee, Shuffleshot, and World Class bowling.

Lucky S.O.B.

• Offline Offline
  • Mmmmm.... Donuts!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 01:48:23 pm »
So true to the name of this project... I got distracted building a new smoker and ran into several issues that I wanted to share with others

ISSUE #1: In Severdhed's plans its not clear but the door on the backside is not actually hinged its 2 angled cuts that allows gravity to hold it in place. I used a piano hinge and now I can only partially open the door because the corners of the 2 board hit, I am hoping by routing the edges round will work around this issue.

When I modified the control panel shape and size I opened my self to a world of hurt.

ISSUE #2:  First issue I hit was the box under the control panel was not big enough to fit over the top of the base. I was planning to do a box shape but to minimize the depth I had to use some angles in front to make everything fit. Had to rebuild and slightly redesign my control panel.

ISSUE #3:  Another design piece that is not 100% clear is the bottom of the control panel is actually counter sunk into the box. This shouldn't be an issue since I am wrapping with vinyl but if I was painting it would of been a pain.

I will post more pictures tonight of the progress I have made