Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Portable Arcade.  (Read 486 times)

DesiredOutcome

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to get Mame Arcade!
Portable Arcade.
« on: January 12, 2017, 12:05:49 am »
I know from lurking alot of members are tradtionalists and thats really cool. Ive been hitting the web and the various internet shops (etsy and let go) seeing whats out there getting inspiration as well as here, and I came across this system.  I like the design and portability of it. I also like that it hooks direct to a tv of your choice. 

I was just wondering what your thoughts are about it

http://mekastudio.myshopify.com/collections/custom-arcades-and-video-game-fight-sticks/products/portable-2-player-arcade

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: Portable Arcade.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 12:07:59 am »
I'm not a fan of the artwork, but for what the device is, it's pretty cool.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 12:40:18 am »
$770? Ouch... You could build it and still have enough left over for a 60" LED TV and a cup of coffee. They don't list the dimensions, but I'm going to guess it's unwieldy. A 2 player control panel is at a minimum around 22" and since it looks pretty tall I imagine it would be like carrying a bag of ice around.

As an alternative - look at Harumans shop. You can find it here: http://shop.harumancustoms.com/

Specifically, he carries these portable type control decks here: http://shop.harumancustoms.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=61

Haruman is a stand up guy, a member here, and is easily accessible to answer any questions you might have.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 01:04:04 am »
Heh - I didn't even see the price, as I looked at it on my phone. Yeah, that's expensive for what it is.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 01:55:34 am »
^ da truth!

You could build that for under 200 easily

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 02:13:53 am »
If you want to get really cheap I think you could do it for under 100.  With the resurgence of arcade fight sticks the price of parts has really gone down.  Aliexpress sells a 20 dollar kit that'll give you 10 buttons, a joystick, and a generic encoder.

+1 for the Haruman suggestion btw.  The dude knows his stuff. 

menace

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 07:10:27 am »
Meka Studio does not sell the licensing or rights to use any games. We sell the service of fabricating and configuring hardware only. If the customers finds games on our systems which are illegal to play it is their obligation to delete those games from the library. Full DISCLAIMER and USER AGREEMENT can be found on the FAQ section of mekastudio.us

Worst disclaimer ever--in essence we are going to load it with pirate roms and its up to you to delete them?? What a load of crap LOL.  If the guy wants to load it up or not, I don't care, but don't say its my fault they are there after buying it :soapbox:
its better to not post and be thought a fool, then to whip out your keyboard and remove all doubt...

DesiredOutcome

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 07:35:06 am »
$770? Ouch... You could build it and still have enough left over for a 60" LED TV and a cup of coffee. They don't list the dimensions, but I'm going to guess it's unwieldy. A 2 player control panel is at a minimum around 22" and since it looks pretty tall I imagine it would be like carrying a bag of ice around.

As an alternative - look at Harumans shop. You can find it here: http://shop.harumancustoms.com/

Specifically, he carries these portable type control decks here: http://shop.harumancustoms.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=61

Haruman is a stand up guy, a member here, and is easily accessible to answer any questions you might have.

The more i look at those bartops the more i like them.

Is my understanding correct in that what you put inside a regular cab you can also put inside these?

I go back an forth simply due to the games i wanna play and the more i research on here the more inrealize im going to neec a full sized setup be it pedestal, portable all in one game box or just a really cool cab.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:50:51 am by DesiredOutcome »

DrakeTungsten

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 07:39:16 am »
menace+1

That disingenuous disclaimer stuck out more than anything else.
Reviving the UCAs

DesiredOutcome

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 07:51:35 am »
menace+1

That disingenuous disclaimer stuck out more than anything else.

Thought that was odd as well

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 08:22:37 am »
LOL I didnt notice the disclaimer!

Yeah thats piss poor!

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 08:47:43 am »
the more i research on here the more inrealize im going to neec a full sized setup be it pedestal, portable all in one game box or just a really cool cab.

You seem like a good guy, why you limiting yourself?! You need a full sized setup, a portable and a really cool cab. You deserve it, man!

DesiredOutcome

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 03:24:27 pm »
the more i research on here the more inrealize im going to neec a full sized setup be it pedestal, portable all in one game box or just a really cool cab.

You seem like a good guy, why you limiting yourself?! You need a full sized setup, a portable and a really cool cab. You deserve it, man!

Cant argue that logic.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31