Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Connecting Electronic Coin Acceptor To Ipac-2  (Read 2861 times)

renorains

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2017, 11:10:04 pm
Connecting Electronic Coin Acceptor To Ipac-2
« on: January 11, 2017, 11:02:44 pm »
Good Day Forum Newbie Here,
                                               I am building a arcade machine and i am stuck on how to connect my 12volt pulse Coin Acceptor (Powered by a 12v DC adapter) to the Ipac-2 board. 
What i was thinking  is :
1)  Wire the 12v adapter to the appropriate wires on the Coin Acceptor  (Positive & Negative Wires)
2)  Wire the Signal Wire from the Coin Acceptor (Pulse Output) to the appropriate terminal wire on the Ipac-2 Board which will be SW-5
3)  Use A Jumper Wire from the Negative side of the 12v Adapter to the Ground Terminal on the Ipac-2.

Am I on the right Track? I dont want to risk blowing up anything, especially my computer system.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:08:16 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: Connecting Electronic Coin Acceptor To Ipac-2
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 12:14:59 am »
http://www.ultimarc.com/controldiags.html

Coin Mech setup steps:
Set the slot height plate to the correct coin size. Note that for larger coins, this plate is best removed to avoid bearing against the coin door.
Clip the correct sample coin into the spring-loaded clip, in place of the dummy plastic coin.
Leave the switches unchanged for most applications
Connections are as follows (see diagram above):
Pin 1 connects to a 12 volt supply. This can be from a JAMMA power supply or a PC disk drive connector (yellow wire).
Pin 2 connects to the I-PAC coin 1 input.
Pin 3 connects to GND on the I-PAC
The Zener diode connects between pins 2 and 3 on the coin mech plug. It is possible to push the wire ends of the diode into the plug connector housing.Note the "line" end of the diode must go to pin 2.
The coin signal is normally a 12 volt signal. If using with devices which expect a 5 volt signal it is VITAL to connect the supplied Zener Diode as shown otherwise the device you are connecting to will be damaged.
A correctly-oriented 5v Zener diode (a.k.a. voltage regulator) is your friend.

Scott