Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What's the best way to wire the Ipac Ultimate to IL lumination RGB LEDs?  (Read 2221 times)

mwax321

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2018, 07:41:12 pm
I've been a long time lurker here on these boards, and I first want to give a very big THANK YOU to everyone who has posted/commented around here. Your help has been absolutely amazing!

I've constructed a 4 player arcade cabinet, and am about to begin the long, grueling task of wiring my control panel.

I chose the same/similar button/LED combo from Chance's Flynn Arcade, which was iL PSL-L/CV Translucent with Black Convex Plunger  with IL-lumination RGB from Paradise Arcade.

Unlike Chance's, I went with the I-Pac Ultimate IO board from Ultimarc, which seems to require Dupont 2.54mm (0.1") 4 pin connectors for the RGB setup, but this just seems like a HELL OF A LOT of crimping work.

My current research has led me to Pololu, who sells pre-crimped cables of different colors at different lengths, and that would leave me with only needing to crimp 4 RGB led wires for each button. (https://www.pololu.com/category/71/wires-with-pre-crimped-terminals).

I'm looking for some guidance on what the easiest way to wire all these connections will be, and curious to what others have come up with for their solutions.

So my question is: Has anyone wired IL Lumination RGB LEDs to the ultimarc ipac ultimate board? If so, what connectors/harnesses are you using? Is there a pre-baked solution for this somewhere already?