Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME hangs when launched from Maximus  (Read 2959 times)

phlegm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2017, 04:14:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
MAME hangs when launched from Maximus
« on: January 11, 2017, 12:54:51 pm »
Been running Maximus, X-arcade joystick and MAME for years now. Recently Mcafee decided that my mamep.exe was a virus and deleted it.
I have downloaded and tried a new mame but nothing happens when I hit the select button to start the game.

I then tried reinstalling maxiumus. It hung and I noticed that it hung because it was pointing to mame64.exe. I changed this to mame.exe but it still hangs. It detects all my roms correctly upon scan.

I can start meme on it's on it's oen and navigate around in it.

Running on Vista. I know it's old but so is the computer and I don't think it will run a newer version of Windows.

Any ideas on how to debug or where to look for logs that may help point in the right direction.