Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Change game list from alphabetical to most played?  (Read 2469 times)

Echo25

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2017, 05:18:24 pm
  • Remember Galaxy?
Change game list from alphabetical to most played?
« on: February 12, 2017, 01:17:33 pm »
It's been over ten years since I built my arcade with the help of this site! I've had several PC issues over the past year and decided to replace the PC with a raspberry pi.  It's working great using retropie however I just need to make a couple of tweaks!  I'm looking to change the way emulation station displays the list of roms - currently it's alphabetical but I want to change to most played games at the top of list.  Does anyone know what needs to be changed to do this?

Thanks everyone!

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Re: Change game list from alphabetical to most played?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 01:25:14 pm »
Not sure about re organising but I think I have seen that option somewhere while tinkering...

But you could use this:
 https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/Child-friendly-EmulationStation

It kid proofs your pi and allows you a favourites menu.

Look it up on youtube very handy little mod.

mike5im5

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2021, 03:22:21 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:58:29 am »
If you click the select button emulation station allows you to resort how your games are listed.

As an alternative. If you want more control over look and feel. Attract Mode on top of retropie works very well as well. You can still boot into emulation station and switch between both front ends too so no real risk in trying.

Echo25

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2017, 05:18:24 pm
  • Remember Galaxy?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 03:53:54 pm »
Playing around yesterday I did find the options (to sort and jump to a specific letter) after hitting Select.  It works somewhat ok - but I think I'll try the Attract Mode suggestion.  Thanks!