Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ArcadeOSD and geometry help  (Read 121 times)

TheRetroCarrot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:32:03 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
ArcadeOSD and geometry help
« on: April 16, 2024, 12:45:50 am »
This is my first time working with CRT emudriver and I'm having a bit of issues. I'm using a consumer Trinitron and I setup my geometry prior using a SNES and 240p test suite. Consoles all look about the same. Connected my PC via an ultimate vga to scart cable and I'm getting an image no problem however it is shifted right. More than I can correct in the service menu. ArcadeOSD allows me to correct this, however what's happening is I'll change geometry settings, click test, see the changes, and then all further changes from then on out will not display on the screen until I change modes and change back. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something or if it's a bug in ArcadeOSD?

Also I'm having an issue where white balance shifts when there's a large amount of white on screen it shifts to blue. This does not happen when connecting consoles and displaying a full white image. Any ideas for that?

Thank you.

EDIT: I got this sorted. Other than the white balance which I believe is a TV issue, it's just more noticeable with emudriver. I posted in the display section of the forum for that issue but if anybody notices this and has ideas please let me know.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 02:31:25 pm by TheRetroCarrot »