Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: KADE  (Read 1092 times)

Vocalitus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2021, 06:16:58 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
KADE
« on: September 06, 2020, 08:27:56 pm »
So while I am getting my spinner to work, I swapped out my PC (it died) and got my old softmodded Xbox original and TSOP the main board and upgraded the hard drive to 1TB and added CoinOPS 8 Massive.  :blah:

I had in my collection some zero delay encoders and a little unopened box which to my surprise was a KADE I must have got on kickstarter.  Since the KADE website is no longer I managed to find the Kade Loader 1.1.3.1 and tried to program the board with the Xbox option.

I made a working Xbox to USB cable and the encoder lights up but do not get any response from the controls.  I go and program the KADE again after resetting it per the instructions and the PC recognizes it and says its ready to program, but when I start to program with new firmware it says the encoder is not found.  Probably a good reason why it doesn't work.  Do I have a faulty Kade, or faulty software?    I swapped USB ports ejected the device, rebooted used Windows 7 to no avail.

Any suggestions?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:28:04 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: KADE
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 10:32:56 pm »
Time for some troubleshooting 101 action.   ;D

1. Unplug the KADE from the Xbox, plug in a normal controller, and boot up.
- If it boots and works OK, that eliminates the Xbox itself.

2. Double check all connections.
- Verify if you accidently used the NC (Normally Closed) tab on any microswitch.
- Ensure that nothing is shorted.

3. If the wiring all looks good but it doesn't work properly, disconnect all wires from the screw terminals and try booting up like that.
- If it boots OK, skip to step 4.
- If not, you'll need to find out if there is a short that you missed or if the encoder wasn't programmed properly or if the encoder is damaged.

4. Connect the ground wire(s) to the encoder and boot up the XBox.
- If it doesn't boot properly, your wiring problem is somewhere in the ground wire daisy-chain.

5. Connect two or three input wires to the P2 encoder, boot up the XBox, and test those inputs.
- If it doesn't boot/test properly, your wiring problem is with one of those inputs.
- Repeat step 5 until all input connections are made and tested.

Scott