Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MegaTouch XL Extreme Touchscreen  (Read 3204 times)

tandrews

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2019, 08:10:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
MegaTouch XL Extreme Touchscreen
« on: January 06, 2017, 03:31:46 pm »
I finally got this stupid XL to boot. Then the stupid key doesnt work...quick patch of megacdll later, the game boots...but the touchscreen doesn't work.

I can press the button to get to service, but nothing happens. I've reseated the connectors and verified the controller is getting power.

Any suggestions? PS I plan to patch the megacdll files for as many versions as I can. If you're interested, let me know.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: MegaTouch XL Extreme Touchscreen
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:27:51 pm »
if you press the screen can you see the green light on the controller box get brighter as you press it?

IE it should be on, but go brighter if you press the screen.

if it does this, it may just need to be recalibrated. next to the service button is a calibration button. if you press this in the game select screen, it will bring up some marks you press to calibrate the screen.

if the machine ignores the press, you might have a data cable issue. make sure the cable from the controller box is plugged into the motherboard's com1 port.

if it accepts the calibration, but in testing the mark doesn't go where it's supposed to or gets stuck in one spot, you may have an issue with the touch overlay.

tandrews

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2019, 08:10:54 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: MegaTouch XL Extreme Touchscreen
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 04:51:34 pm »
I'll try calibrating it.