Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2017 Chuff thread  (Read 156590 times)

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:41:27 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
Re: 2017 Chuff thread
« Reply #680 on: September 02, 2017, 09:29:44 am »
Progress! Since February, 41 lbs. and an A1C drop from Diabetic to Normal. Now, if only the rest of me could be considered normal.

***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

TOMMYGUN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2021, 04:44:53 am
  • When the time comes you will know
« Reply #681 on: September 02, 2017, 01:52:15 pm »
Finally got to try an Oklahoma Indian taco... Just as good as legend told.

And free beer coupons are legal here...

So it's not all bad...

:cheers:

Tell me you did get the Stella  :cheers:

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2019, 07:35:34 pm
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #682 on: September 02, 2017, 11:43:45 pm »
Finally got to try an Oklahoma Indian taco... Just as good as legend told.

And free beer coupons are legal here...

So it's not all bad...

Tell me you did get the Stella  :cheers:

Nothing wrong with a few bottles of wife beater.

I decided to change my outlook to this hobby.  I got the whole mame and mess archive, all 387gb of it.  I just need 10 years to sift through it all.  Now I'm definitely going to hell with the rest of you.  I can always delete it later if my hypocrisy gets the better of me.  :angel:  There is so much ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---....   :laugh2:
If I had only one wish, it would be for three more wishes.

pbj

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:01:54 pm
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #683 on: September 02, 2017, 11:49:07 pm »
Stella is classy here, bro.

nexusmtz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
« Reply #684 on: September 03, 2017, 01:13:41 am »
Cool man.  I'm finally under 230 pounds.  Mind you I'm one pound under, so depending upon my meals I'll probably be back over tomorrow, but still..... progress is progress.
Nice work, and I hear ya. Nothing like a long weekend to challenge you. Keep at it.

Ond

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:13:27 pm
« Reply #685 on: September 03, 2017, 07:51:26 pm »
Cool man.  I'm finally under 230 pounds.  Mind you I'm one pound under, so depending upon my meals I'll probably be back over tomorrow, but still..... progress is progress.
Nice work, and I hear ya. Nothing like a long weekend to challenge you. Keep at it.

Good on you guys for the weight control effort.  I'm nearly at my target weight now of 74kg (163 pounds). I'm just on 76kg so a couple of Kg to go.  It's just that last belly fat which I think is the hardest place for blokes to shed it from.  I'm doing body weight training to build some muscle and gain lean body mass back up to around 78kg (172 pounds) or so.  Chuff reward moment for me was recently trying on a new pair of size down jeans .... and them fitting!

nexusmtz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 03:14:22 am
« Reply #686 on: September 03, 2017, 09:29:08 pm »
[...]I'm nearly at my target weight now of 74kg (163 pounds). I'm just on 76kg so a couple of Kg to go.[...]
Congrats! I haven't seen 74kg since about a year into my marriage  :)

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 11:59:54 pm
  • Your Post's Soul is MINE!!! .......Again??
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #687 on: September 03, 2017, 11:12:16 pm »
I was 185lbs in high school, so I don't think I've ever been that light in my adult life.  Then again the way my frame is if I were that light a stiff breeze would blow you away. 

Congrats on getting skinny.  :)

It sounds like byoac needs a weight loss club. 

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #688 on: September 04, 2017, 12:00:04 am »
[...]I'm nearly at my target weight now of 74kg (163 pounds). I'm just on 76kg so a couple of Kg to go.[...]
Congrats! I haven't seen 74kg since about a year into my marriage  :)

Heh, that makes two of us!

I was 185lbs in high school, so I don't think I've ever been that light in my adult life.  Then again the way my frame is if I were that light a stiff breeze would blow you away. 

Congrats on getting skinny.  :)

It sounds like byoac needs a weight loss club. 

Thanks Howard, yeah I have a light frame and I'm on the tall side (6' 1") so that weight is about right for me.  Probably too light for a medium or heavy framed fellow of that height though.  Hearing other peoples efforts to shed some weight is motivating especially when you hear its' resulted in major health improvements.  For my part I've had a major life change, going from a very sedentary white collar job to a really physical blue collar job.  Losing weight, getting strong are largely tied up with that.  Skinny is not that healthy either, slim and muscular is my goal I guess.  I'd be happy to share what works for me but I'm not interested in getting all preachy about diets and such.  Everyone is different and has different reasons or ideas.  One thing I have learned is how to cook up some tasty meals!

TOMMYGUN

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2021, 04:44:53 am
  • When the time comes you will know
« Reply #689 on: September 04, 2017, 03:38:58 am »
I weigh 93 kilos right now, i should go back to 68 or 70   :laugh2:
No serious i should do that.

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #690 on: September 04, 2017, 05:25:35 am »
I lost weight and gained it back, lost it again, and gradually gained it back, lost it again  etc.  It's odd that I can go on Atkins for a month and lose it and it takes a good 4 months to pile it back on again.  Now I am weight training in the gym, I am not sure if I can do the Atkins and keep my strength up, but I dropped 30 lbs and currently I am at 280, with no gain for 4 weeks and I have been going to McDonald's and Taco Bell (great way to lose weight) and have not lost or gained.  It is odd that my body is acting this way.  Recently had a full medical and got the all clear.  Maybe my body has gotten used to my routine.  I could just go all Atkins and try for that 60 lbs drop in a month, but I hate getting the body shakes and the extreme pain for the first two weeks.

dkersten

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 11:47:30 am
  • If you are gonna do it, do it right..
« Reply #691 on: September 04, 2017, 02:14:56 pm »
18 years ago, I went from a shop job to a desk job, and after a year my metabolism started slowing way down.  A year later I was up to 275lbs.  I did what is today called the "strict Keto diet" for about 9 months, and got down to 195.  After stopping, I went back to what I consider my "normal" weight of 230lbs over about 2 years.  I am 5'10" and I can honestly say nobody ever believes me when I say I am 230 lbs.  I dropped to 190 in the year after my divorce and people thought I had cancer or something.  Anyway, since the beginning of the year, with all the changes in my life (sold family business, new position with the new company, sold my house, building a new one, youngest daughter graduated HS, grandkid on the way from oldest son, etc.), I gained 10 lbs and my health declined significantly.  I finally decided to take action a few weeks ago, and declared it is time to go low carb again.

I weighed in at 239lbs on Sept 13.  This morning I was 224.  I was traveling for the last week, which makes it hard to stick to the diet, so I only lost 1 lb that week, but otherwise it has been steady loss.  On top of this, each morning I force myself to do some basic exercises.  Nothing crazy, but enough to get muscles stretched out and joints moving better.  I am quite certain that the little bit of arthritis that has plagued my back is spreading to more joints, and lately I have had a tendency toward some wickedly painful tendinitis (wrist, elbow, shoulder, knee, and feet).  The basic calisthenic workout has improved all that noticeably, and I feel myself getting stronger each day.  Not carrying the extra 15 lbs has helped too.  Each day I can do more, and actually want to do more.  I have some big projects coming up once my house is done, and need to be able to do carpentry work. In a week I will be wiring my new house for all the low voltage stuff, that will be my first challenge, up and down a lot of ladders. 

Aside from just feeling better, I want to get down about another 10 lbs, maybe 15.  I know it will spring back once I start eating "normal" again, so I just want to use this to get a little healthier and see how long I can maintain. 

Congrats to the others here losing weight.  When you sit all day in front of a computer and don't have a super active lifestyle out of the office, it can be incredibly difficult to do, so my hat is off to you.

Ond

• Offline Offline
« Reply #692 on: September 04, 2017, 05:11:16 pm »
Like Howard said, a separate 'weight loss' thread is an idea.  I might start one when I get to target weight.  There's a big difference between making some effort to control your weight and making none at all, so good on all you guys that are doing something about it.  The only real way to a permanent healthy weight is by changing habits of a lifetime, learning to eat nutritious foods that you actually enjoy with generally smaller portions.  I like the regular pics of great meals some dudes here enjoy at iconic restaurants.  It's coming on Spring here in Melbourne so I'm looking forward to a lot more BBQ and eating meals out on our back deck.   :cheers:

ark_ader

• Offline Offline
  • I glow in the dark.
« Reply #693 on: September 04, 2017, 07:10:46 pm »
Like Howard said, a separate 'weight loss' thread is an idea.  I might start one when I get to target weight.  There's a big difference between making some effort to control your weight and making none at all, so good on all you guys that are doing something about it.  The only real way to a permanent healthy weight is by changing habits of a lifetime, learning to eat nutritious foods that you actually enjoy with generally smaller portions.  I like the regular pics of great meals some dudes here enjoy at iconic restaurants.  It's coming on Spring here in Melbourne so I'm looking forward to a lot more BBQ and eating meals out on our back deck.   :cheers:

Just necro mine.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,151525.msg1591778.html#msg1591778

I could get old but never so thin.

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:41:27 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #694 on: September 04, 2017, 10:24:15 pm »
Ba-De-Ya, welcome to Chufftember, people.
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #695 on: September 04, 2017, 11:40:07 pm »
---goshdarn---, I'm gone for a week and we're trading recipes around here,

Anyway, back in Houston.

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #696 on: September 05, 2017, 07:24:00 pm »

Anyway, back in Houston.

So what got trashed?

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+45)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 02:54:32 pm
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #697 on: September 05, 2017, 07:32:01 pm »

Anyway, back in Houston.

So what got trashed?

Only pbj...   :cheers: :cheers:

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #698 on: September 05, 2017, 09:00:37 pm »
Ha, we did actually sit outside drinking rum until 3am one night to keep looters spooked.  Then it was up at 7 to start clearing brush!

My parents lost their air conditioner, travel trailer, full tool shed, and fence.  Some damage to boat lift, but boat has since been moved to another and engine was fine.  Their house is okay.  Cars fine.  Many houses surrounding them completely destroyed.  Some are just a pile of rubble.

Yesterday we drove a car convoy to Austin because my mom was stuck up there without a vehicle.  Spent 100 miles of that drive trying to find a gas station with gas.... Had 3/4 of a gallon in the tank when I finally found gas, and we got the last 15 gallons they had.

Plenty of gas in Rockport, oddly. 

I had put in a month ago to take today off.  Spent 90% of it sleeping.  Pics tomorrow when I'm on the clock.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #699 on: September 06, 2017, 09:20:56 am »
glad to hear that you and yours made it out safely.  :cheers:
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #700 on: September 06, 2017, 07:03:20 pm »
glad to hear that you and yours made it out safely.  :cheers:

For great truth, man.  Stay safe!

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #701 on: September 11, 2017, 11:53:22 pm »
Moved the biggest part of my world of Nintendo reproduction in the house.  Got the drawers calibrated for the most part.  I also moved all my consoles, games and accessories out of my room in preparation of the move.  I didn't get a hernia lifting that frikkin 200lb W.O.N. cab and didn't die of a heart attack moving all my stuff so these days I consider that a win.  I'm mostly chuffed that this all-consuming monster of a project is almost done. 

dkersten

• Offline Offline
« Reply #702 on: September 12, 2017, 12:50:48 am »
Spent the last 3 days pulling wire in my new house.  Only about a mile of wire so far, just for the main floor and upstairs.  So far I've wired 8 IP Cameras, 7 TV's (coax, cat6A, cat5e each), 10 network jacks, 3 WiFi AP's, an 8 bay attic antenna for OTA (2 coax and a cat5e), and 9 pairs of speakers.  I still need to get all the wires in the equipment room cleaned up and organized, but my part of building the house is pretty much done.  Next week, insulation goes in, and then drywall. 

Picture doesn't really look like much but this is sort of the culmination of about 6 months of planning, so I am pretty chuffed about it.

Malenko

• KNEEL BEFORE ZODlenko!
  • Trade Count: (+58)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 07:27:18 pm
  • Have you played with my GingerBalls?
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,142404.msg1475162.html
« Reply #703 on: September 12, 2017, 08:03:00 am »
no ceiling loops?
If you're replying to a troll you are part of the problem.
I also need to follow this advice. Ignore or report, don't reply.

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #704 on: September 12, 2017, 09:56:34 am »
Moved the biggest part of my world of Nintendo reproduction in the house.  Got the drawers calibrated for the most part.  I also moved all my consoles, games and accessories out of my room in preparation of the move.  I didn't get a hernia lifting that frikkin 200lb W.O.N. cab and didn't die of a heart attack moving all my stuff so these days I consider that a win.  I'm mostly chuffed that this all-consuming monster of a project is almost done.

No pics, no World of Nintendo.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #705 on: September 12, 2017, 10:56:12 am »
Got my el cheapo 3D printer up and running and reasonably calibrated.

Printed with glow in the dark PLA:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #706 on: September 12, 2017, 01:13:16 pm »

No pics, no World of Nintendo.

Phone is dead atm... forgot to put it on charge last night.  I'll start a build log in the consoles forum tonight hopefully. 

dkersten

• Offline Offline
« Reply #707 on: September 12, 2017, 09:56:48 pm »
no ceiling loops?
Nah, it all comes from all different directions on the upper 2 floors, so no large bundles until it comes together in the equipment room.  Both floors are trussed, so easy to run wires through without any kind of hangers anyway. 

Finished up today, total count came to 10 14/4 drops for speakers, 9 RG6 drops (2 for attic antenna, rest for TV's), 12 cat6A drops, and 42 cat5e drops.  Each TV has an RG6, a cat5e, and a cat6A.  Each network drop (2 per bedroom on top of the TV drops) has a cat5e and a cat6A.  8 of the cat5e's are for cameras on the exterior, 3 are for Ubiquity WiFi AP's, one for the doorbell (in case I decide to go that direction), one behind fridge (never know when you need more bandwidth to the fridge), one in kitchen island, one on kitchen counter, one to each security keypad, one to the alarm main controller, one to the attic, just in case, and 8 to the whole house audio controllers (Russound MCA88 system).  Basement is still mostly not wired, but I will do it later.  A good day with the only naff being a mishap while drilling out a hole.  The bit caught and I wasn't prepared and I torqued the hell out of my wrist and forearm, the one I had surgery on a couple years ago.  It is all swollen and bruised, but doesn't seem broken.  It twisted so far I was worried I popped some screws out of the steel plate holding the bone together..

Once all drops were done, I cleaned up the wiring a bit.

Project accomplished, too much to do at work so cutting my week of vacation short to get back into the office. 

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #708 on: September 12, 2017, 10:34:26 pm »
Nice work.  As a former closet monkey I know what a pain in the ass running cable is.  Even with nice new construction like yours you always run into trouble somehow. 

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
« Reply #709 on: September 13, 2017, 10:37:18 pm »
I just ran a few Cat5 lines in my attic...  inner circle of Hell work, that was.  Total props on that many runs!

jennifer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 11, 2023, 06:24:58 am
« Reply #710 on: September 14, 2017, 12:00:24 am »

That thing seems quite intense, how long did it take?.... And el cheepo you say? Jenn would be curious to see whats possible nowdays.... Could you in theory anyway, print the parts to build another printer?

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #711 on: September 14, 2017, 12:17:37 am »

That thing seems quite intense, how long did it take?.... And el cheepo you say? Jenn would be curious to see whats possible nowdays.... Could you in theory anyway, print the parts to build another printer?

Do you want Skynet? Because that's how you get Skynet.
%Bartop

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #712 on: September 14, 2017, 12:34:05 am »
What is a skynet?.... Did I miss something?

pbj

• Offline Offline
  • Obey.
    • The Chris Burke Band
« Reply #713 on: September 14, 2017, 12:43:43 am »
What is a skynet?.... Did I miss something?

There's a series of documentaries called Terminator.  I urge you to watch them and prepare yourself.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #714 on: September 14, 2017, 10:48:42 am »

Maybe 3 hours or so? 

The printer is a Tevo Tarantula.  Prints can be as large as 7" x 7" x 7".  Under $200 shipped from China...  the included instructions suck but there are a very good set of youtube assembly videos I found.

So I could print the acrylic pieces (as PLA or ABS) but you would still need 4 stepper motors (X,Y,Z, and extruder) as well as aluminum 2020 and 2040 extrusions to mount everything, controller, power supply, motherboard, belts, wheels, etc. 

Probably easier and cheaper to get the kit, to be honest.

jennifer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #715 on: September 14, 2017, 12:59:11 pm »
   Oh, that is reasonable, I wasnt trying to have you make me one ::)...I was just wondering about the concept of such a project.... A machine that can build itself is always cool.

HaRuMaN

• Supreme Solder King
  • Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • boom
    • Arcade Madness
« Reply #716 on: September 14, 2017, 01:08:21 pm »
I have been printing upgrades and stiffening parts, which is kind of funny.   :cheers:

Howard_Casto

• Idiot Police
  • Offline Offline
    • The Dragon King
« Reply #717 on: September 14, 2017, 02:12:21 pm »
Not really.  It's common for the lower end printers.  I spent the first week I got my anet 8 printing upgrades. 

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #718 on: September 15, 2017, 03:05:49 pm »
Finally got a ride to lowes with someone that has a truck
#tully4life

thomas_surles

• Offline Offline
« Reply #719 on: September 15, 2017, 06:29:03 pm »
Got me a sexy piece of 3 quarter inch white birch For an upcoming project.

Side story. On the way back a car slammed into the back of us. As i got out the guy hauls ass and im running down the highway trying to get his tag. Luckily the truck was ok. Not even a scratch. But ol dudes car was crushed.