Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Megatouch / Merit Downloads?  (Read 6280 times)

HarleyFlhx07

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2017, 11:11:02 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Megatouch / Merit Downloads?
« on: January 04, 2017, 01:28:09 pm »
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody managed to download the support software from Merits website before they shut it down?

Specifically I am looking for the PC program Merit had for creating custom operator ad screens on the PC. I have been playing around recently with the ad screens on my games but from what I have read, the PC software gives you more options.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:37:01 am
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Megatouch / Merit Downloads?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 02:16:16 pm »
I wasn't really aware of a standalone program.

As far as I know, the ads where created online at their website, then pushed out to the unit through meganet. if your machine(s) where offline you were able to download the ad after completion and insert it to the system through USB.

I personally never used it because the website at the time was crap and most of the assets didn't load. (broken links and missing graphics.) made it frustrating and pointless to use.

not sure, but you can probably create something and manually chuck it in there as long as it was formatted correctly... I think mahkeymike was working off and on on some megatouch graphics stuff... maybe he can chime in.

mahkeymike

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2024, 08:11:25 pm
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 06:49:18 pm »
I never used it to be honest. I might have grabbed it from their site at one point but i am pretty sure i deleted it a long time ago since i had no use for it. I don't even recall what format the images were in. If you have images you created, what format were they in? Its probably as simple as placing a 640x480 jpg or bmp in a specific folder.

tandrews

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2019, 08:10:54 pm
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 10:05:25 am »
Any chance this is what you're after?
http://web.archive.org/web/20091211190303/http://meritgames.com/Support_Center/Downloads/addscreen3.htm

Found it when looking for other stuff.

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody managed to download the support software from Merits website before they shut it down?

Specifically I am looking for the PC program Merit had for creating custom operator ad screens on the PC. I have been playing around recently with the ad screens on my games but from what I have read, the PC software gives you more options.

Thank you

HarleyFlhx07

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 13, 2017, 11:11:02 am
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 01:27:21 pm »
I will check this out when  get to my PC. This is what I was looking for if the download links still work to get the program file.

Thank you

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 02:08:52 pm »
the link was active this morning
i pulled in the 1 file but not the second

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

tgo2go

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 02, 2018, 12:47:20 pm
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 03:21:01 pm »
i Got two links today