Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: memory backup battery r-82  (Read 2410 times)

thomashjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2017, 06:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
memory backup battery r-82
« on: January 03, 2017, 11:39:17 am »
Our newly acquired rowe R82 will go berserk after being unplugged for a while.  Eventually it becomes sane after a while but not sure what we are doing to make it stop spinning carousel endlessly following unplugging for cleaning and such.  Is there a watch or calculator battery on a control board?  I have seen images and references to it but do not know exactly where it is.  Please if someone would give instructions on finding that.  Thank you. 

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: memory backup battery r-82
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 09:30:33 am »
Hello Thomas,

If you have the 301-07855 Memory Unit fitted on the mechanism of your R-82 the batteries are in the lid of the memory unit.

It could be that you have dry joints on the connection pins of the boards.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

thomashjr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2017, 06:07:42 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: memory backup battery r-82
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:04:02 pm »
Thank you Alan Hood for this information.  We have noticed that after the jukebox is unplugged from the wall, there is this weird carousel trouble.  But after a few hours of being plugged in to mains, more status lights come on and the machine works fine.  But that takes several hours.  Hoping a new battery or service on those contacts will fix.  --Tom