Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mapping my DIY X-Arcade Stick to Retropie / two player  (Read 1038 times)

Ktrilla

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mapping my DIY X-Arcade Stick to Retropie / two player
« on: December 26, 2016, 10:16:07 pm »
I spent considerable time trying to find the answer to this question(s): How do I properly map my control panel to Retropie, and why can't i use it as a two player controller?

I build a two player counsel (x-arcade style) control panel for a Raspberry Pie #3 running Retropie. The panel has 6 buttons per player, and two "start buttons" = 14 buttons and two joy sticks (Happ Ultimates).

The buttons are functioning and appear to be wired correctly. I programmed a PS3 controller and this is controller is functional within my Roms.

I have looked on Youtube, google, and the forum - But I can't find what i am looking for. Can anyone help me? Perhaps my terminology is creating some challenges in my search for info...

Thanks as always.

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Back from the dead.
Re: Mapping my DIY X-Arcade Stick to Retropie / two player
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 11:29:26 pm »
Are you using a joystick encoder, or a keyboard encoder? If so what kind? Is it an actual X-Arcade stick, or just similar to one?
Formerly known for the (apparently now defunct) arcadeartlibrary

Ktrilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 10:00:24 pm »
I am using a keyboard emulator - ultramarc minipac

I am using a custom built control panel with two joysticks and 14 buttons

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Back from the dead.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 04:20:20 am »
What are you using for your front-end? EmulationStation? AttractMode?
Formerly known for the (apparently now defunct) arcadeartlibrary

Ktrilla

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 11:35:05 am »
I am using Emulation Station.

Good news... Last night I was able to get the second controller working. I think it had something to do with "coin 1" and "coin 2" not being properly configured.

I am still having issues with the stability of the DIY controller though. I tried to reconfigure button inputs on Retroarch only to then have all of the buttons permanently remapped incorrectly. Not sure what to do with this issue... I should probably post a new thread for advice. If you happen to know how to restore configurations to default, that would be cool! ;)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31