Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Golden Tee 2005 not booting - White screen  (Read 13390 times)

ksbman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 24, 2022, 12:15:52 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Golden Tee 2005 not booting - White screen
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2017, 07:26:55 am »
My apologies for hijacking this older thread, but I am working on a GT Fore (2003 assumed security chip is G43) with the same issue (except monitor is blank and green instead of white) on two different green boards (a Rev 5 (boot v1.06) and Rev6 (boot v1.07)).  Status 1 stays green, no IDE light unless you disconnect the molex connector and power it back on.  The HDD (75AA) tests fine, 3 partitions (500MB, 1.5GB and 5.1GB unallocated).  I can install a blank 40GB HDD and the IDE light will at least stay on during boot, but I don't get any output on the screen (I don't expect it to boot with the 40GB because of the wrong boot rom). When the guy bought it, it was working.  Got it to his house and it would not boot.  He has had about 3-4 people come out to work on it and they have replaced the power supply with a Suzo-Happ supply, replaced the motherboard.  I have tested the voodoo3 video card in an older PC and it is working fine.  I have wiped the HDD and reloaded the 2003 CHD, same result.  It has a red dot matrix on top and I do get output to it, but not really readable as some of them are stuck on.

I've tried two different power supplies, and U15 pin 32 is showing 5.10V on both boards.

I know I need a new boot rom to use a larger HDD, but not sure that would fix all the issues.

lunatics, did you ever resolve your issue?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:41:02 am by ksbman »

mclovin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2023, 12:53:29 pm
  • GT newbie
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2017, 12:13:48 am »
Do you have an older IDE CD / DVD rom drive and cable? If you install this, you will not need an updated 2.09 boot rom. Any boot rom will work with any size hard drive. Don't need anything in the CD player.

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2017, 12:27:26 am »
excuse me
u are 100% wrong
egale 2.09 is for larger then 20 gig drives which egale 2.7 would support
if u doubt me call its-gamming and find out for yourself
so please...
+ the cd rom can never be ran as master
but more to the point egale 2.09 is for any size hard drive it is this simple,
it removes the size limit the older roms imposed
older ide cables were often used in (cs) mode

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

mclovin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2023, 12:53:29 pm
  • GT newbie
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2017, 02:25:36 am »
excuse me
u are 100% wrong
egale 2.09 is for larger then 20 gig drives which egale 2.7 would support
if u doubt me call its-gamming and find out for yourself
so please...
+ the cd rom can never be ran as master
but more to the point egale 2.09 is for any size hard drive it is this simple,
it removes the size limit the older roms imposed
older ide cables were often used in (cs) mode

ed

You are correct Ed. All I was saying is if you hook up a IDE CD Rom drive along with your HD it will trick the machine to boot with any size hard drive regardless of the boot rom.