Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: XBOXPadMicro - A firmware that turns Arduino Micro (Leonardo) into an XBOX pad!  (Read 4510 times)

equlizer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • All your base are belong to us
I just found a Teensy 2.0 in my box of arcade parts.  Can i use this to program it?  I just want it to simulate a keyboard for my arcade.  Thx

johnnygal2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I just found a Teensy 2.0 in my box of arcade parts.  Can i use this to program it?  I just want it to simulate a keyboard for my arcade.  Thx
I don't think so. The pin mappings are different on the Teensy 2.0.

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • 2013 UCA Awardee
1. The XBOXPadMicro firmware is a gamepad for the XBox -- not a keyboard, not for PC.

2. Like the Micro, the Teensy 2.0 has a 32u4, but less input pins are available.

Most AVR boards label pins according to the port names.

Examples:
- "B0" (lower left on the Teensy) = "PB0" (lower right on the Micro in the yellow "AVR" oval)
- "C7" (lower right on the Teensy) = "PC7" (upper left on the Micro)

Scott

Automark

• Offline Offline
  • Arcade in Spain ?
Im totally new to Arduino, but if this is possible, is it also possible to program these boards, so they work like an ipac? Arduinos are much cheaper then ipacs or kades. And those cheap chino keyboard encoders are #@$@#$@

hm, first google hit https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/MouseKeyboard

bootsector

• Offline Offline
Im totally new to Arduino, but if this is possible, is it also possible to program these boards, so they work like an ipac? Arduinos are much cheaper then ipacs or kades. And those cheap chino keyboard encoders are #@$@#$@

hm, first google hit https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/MouseKeyboard

Here it goes: https://github.com/bootsector/PS3PadMicro

This is a generic HID joystick that works out of the box in several devices, including the Playstation 3.

Flashing procedure is pretty much the same documented in this topic for the XBOXPadMicro, except you need to change the .HEX file.

Attached .HEX file for your convenience.

EDIT: I have no freaking idea what an IPAC is, anyways, this firmware should get you going on several machines who aren't a classic xbox though.

equlizer

• Offline Offline
So once programmed we just guess as to which contact does what? (eg. up, down, left, etc)

EDIT:  I found out what does what for the Teensy 2.0.  I seem to be missing UP on the D-pad.  With the USB facing up on the left:  gnd, dpad left, left axis, dpad down, axis right and button10, button5, 1, 3, 4, dpad right, 7

right side: 5v, up axis, down axis, next 3 nothing?, button12, 11, 9, 8, 6 and below it button 2.  Some dont seem to do anything.  Is there any way to edit the hex file to add dpad up?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:33:00 pm by equlizer »

baritonomarchetto

• Offline Offline
Some Arduino boards can very easily simulate a PC keyboard (and mouse, and joystick), so the answer is YES, it is a cheap alternative to ipac (or jpac with some additional component).
To make the work easy, you are in the need for an arduino leonardo or pro micro (or DUE, if 20 inputs are not enought for your application)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:43:00 am by baritonomarchetto »

equlizer

• Offline Offline
Im also looking into the Mega 2560.  Trying to figure out how to emulate a KB press on it right now.  Lots of inputs and i can get them for $15 inc shipping.  I think its the equiv to the atmega16u2?

bootsector

• Offline Offline
So once programmed we just guess as to which contact does what? (eg. up, down, left, etc)

EDIT:  I found out what does what for the Teensy 2.0.  I seem to be missing UP on the D-pad.  With the USB facing up on the left:  gnd, dpad left, left axis, dpad down, axis right and button10, button5, 1, 3, 4, dpad right, 7

right side: 5v, up axis, down axis, next 3 nothing?, button12, 11, 9, 8, 6 and below it button 2.  Some dont seem to do anything.  Is there any way to edit the hex file to add dpad up?

Simply follow the diagram at the first post for the XBOXPadMicro and apply some differences:

:. Y, B, X, A become triangle, circle, square, cross
:. L and R become L1 and R1
:. Black and White become L2 and R2
:. Back becomes Select
:. Start + Select triggers PS3 Home Button

Edit: Added reference image:

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:31:00 am by bootsector »

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Offline Offline
  • 2013 UCA Awardee
Im also looking into the Mega 2560.  Trying to figure out how to emulate a KB press on it right now.  Lots of inputs and i can get them for $15 inc shipping.  I think its the equiv to the atmega16u2?
It has an ATMEGA16u2 chip, but that board uses it for USB communication.

The main processor is the ATMEGA2560.

It won't work with KADE Loader -- only Minimus boards will work with Loader's keyboard firmwares.

I seem to be missing UP on the D-pad.
According to Bruno's diagram, it should be on PC7 (upper left of the Micro) ==> C7 (lower right of the Teensy).

Scott

bootsector

• Offline Offline
In case someone wants to test a XInput encoder:

https://github.com/bootsector/XInputPadMicro
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 03:23:40 am by bootsector »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31