Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Only some LEDs lighting?  (Read 1213 times)

MattWilliamson83

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 08:27:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Only some LEDs lighting?
« on: March 26, 2022, 02:13:57 pm »
I've got the CP close to finished, just working on wiring and troubleshooting now. So I'm having a weird issue. I'm using the PacLED64 and trying to wire up 16 buttons to start, But only 8 of them are lit, and it's not 8 in a row. 4 over here, then 3 over on the other side, then 1 a few buttons after that. I checked the ground, and I have continuity from the top to the bottom. Checked the wire from the dead button to the PacLED64, and it's showing a connection. Replaced an LED lamp just in case that was the issue. And also tried a different pin on the board. None of those worked. Anyone have any idea? I'm not even sure what to try. I know it's working because half the buttons are lit, I'm just not sure why the OTHER half aren't also lit.

I'll add pictures if it's helpful, but you guys will die when you see my wiring job.

MattWilliamson83

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 08:27:40 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Only some LEDs lighting?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 05:39:13 pm »
Turns out that some of my LEDs were wired backward (hot <--> ground or vice versa) since there was no indication of which was which on the button (which is irritating). But all fixed now. Had to get a multimeter to follow the ground to find the breaks.