Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Carrying AMI/ROWE CD100 up-/downstairs  (Read 3342 times)

RollingStone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 05, 2020, 09:01:26 am
  • sun, moon, rolling stones
Carrying AMI/ROWE CD100 up-/downstairs
« on: January 04, 2017, 07:16:01 am »
hey you!

i know here are some guys that worked with the ami rowe cd 100s for a long period.

how are these giant beasts handled by the jukebox distribution companys up- and downstairs?

sure, my boxes got new hard rubber rolls so moving the boxes is no problem when there are no stairs.

but what about the stairs? there is only one inner handgrip on the lower back on each side of the box, but that doesnt help to carry the boxes upstairs! the front or the sides don't have any handlebars?!

i thought about a hand truck/sack barrow with rollers like this:
http://www.sackkarretest.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Pro-Bau-Tec-Aluminium-Sackkarre-Treppensteiger.jpg
but even with this, the boxes are too heavy!

i got the idea with this specific trucks because i sometimes used the normal sack barrow without rollers to move the boxes onto a trailer waggon or to unload a waggon via loading ramps and that worked fine.

any ideas?

thank you!
regards from germany

RS

ami-man

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2020, 01:22:45 pm
Re: Carrying AMI/ROWE CD100 up-/downstairs
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 09:38:11 am »
Hi RollingStone,

Sadly when moving jukeboxes sack barrows or pool table can be used for moving jukebox on the flat. however on stairs it is down to brute strengh, it can pay to remove the mechanism and amp to lighten the load when tackling any stairs, our worse case was lifting a jukebox up a spiral staircase almost one step at a time.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:40:51 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 02:23:10 pm »
lifting a jukebox up a spiral staircase almost one step at a time.

nope. no. nuhuh. forget it. you like this in your garage better.

my back hurts just thinking about this. our company flat out refuses anything but a few stairs, which could be overcome with a portable ramp. (so like 5 stairs max.)

that said, one of the other vendors in our city have an electric stair climbing hand truck. strap the bugger on and a battery powered motor raises and lowers it a step at a time. it's pricy, but if you do alot of stairs and value your mobility that is an option.

http://handtrucks2go.com/Lectro-Truck-1260E-1500lb-63-Steel-motorized-stair-climber-truck.html

RollingStone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 02:46:10 pm »
lifting a jukebox up a spiral staircase almost one step at a time.

nope. no. nuhuh. forget it. you like this in your garage better.

my back hurts just thinking about this. our company flat out refuses anything but a few stairs, which could be overcome with a portable ramp. (so like 5 stairs max.)

yes, i thought this. obviously no one thought about to manhandle these boxes three or four floors upstairs, because like i said there are no real handholds, only these very low positioned cutouts in the back board.

that said, one of the other vendors in our city have an electric stair climbing hand truck. strap the bugger on and a battery powered motor raises and lowers it a step at a time. it's pricy, but if you do alot of stairs and value your mobility that is an option.

http://handtrucks2go.com/Lectro-Truck-1260E-1500lb-63-Steel-motorized-stair-climber-truck.html

hahahaha, how cool is this machine. i need this!  ;D  ;D
yesterday i thought about how a handy machine should look like or how it could be constructed for this issue, but i didn't get this obvious idea.

but...it's good to know that machines like this do exist.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 02:49:40 pm by RollingStone »

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 04:40:51 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 04:40:53 pm »
it will actually lift quite high. high enough that it can lift an item up and into the bed of a full size Chevy Silverado truck in one go. i'm not sure how high that is... maybe 32 inches? it's tall enough that it's a pain to get my fat butt up there.

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 04:43:05 pm »
the whole idea in general is retared
i like my back

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

RollingStone

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 07:12:42 pm »
the whole idea in general is retared
i like my back

ed

what do you mean is retarded?  ;D  ???
the idea to heave jukeboxes like the cd100 upstairs with bare hands or the idea of a tool like the "motorized stair climber truck"?