Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rotating a Sanyo 20EZV from the front of a DK cab in less than 45sec.  (Read 2573 times)

chopperthedog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:07:52 pm

So, I finally got around to detailing the VS. panel that originally came with my DK cab when I got it in 2005. The arcadeSD that I use as a multi-kong also supports/adapts games that are natively horizontal and allows them to played on a vertical monitor with some compromises. It was cool to rock some Excitebike on the proper 28mm 8way joys and buttons, but it got me thinking (can the sanyo be rotated from the front of the cab with ease?). By design a standard Nintendo cab has you pulling the sanyo from the back after you remove the crossbar. I was able to come up a modified crossbar and sides that allow me to do it all from the front in seconds.

You can see what gets cut off when adapting horizontal games on vertical monitor vs. same monitor in horizontal orientation. Fun for a casual game or two, but I wanted it full screen.

Video of me switching the monitor orientation.

When I get bored of some VS. stuff I'll switch back to DK in minutes. Nothing wrong with options.

good day.

wp34

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2022, 09:48:19 pm
Re: Rotating a Sanyo 20EZV from the front of a DK cab in less than 45sec.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 01:39:46 am »
Ok that's cool. :cheers

chopperthedog

• Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:07:52 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 10:32:26 am »
Had been following a thread on klov about this little unit https://www.highscoresaves.com/multicade-pcb-and-conversion-kits/arpicade-raspberry-pi-multicade-jamma-pcb-adaptor-for-arcade-multigame.html and finally pulled the trigger on one. Neat little set up.  :applaud:

I got it set up as a 24 game multi VS. unit. Video above shows it from power on to game menu with some navigation and screen saver footage. My cell cam doesn't do well with filming crts, don't judge video glitches in game play and elsewhere.

good day.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:41:15 am by chopperthedog »

vwalbridge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2021, 12:21:09 pm
  • Don't half-ass two things, whole-ass one thing.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 01:54:55 pm »
VERY cool setup. I have a Nintendo VS cab that I would love to do this very same thing to someday. Thanks for posting this.
If you can read this, it means Photobucket's money grab ruined my signature photos.