Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can Someone Direct Me to Info on How to Edit The Default MaLa Layout  (Read 3977 times)

NaptownChief

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2016, 11:10:33 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Might be the most basic question ever asked on here.  I've spent the last week updating my old system with a new pc, got a new version of MAME working and got MaLa finally working and all configured the way I want.  My final step is to get rid of the ugly default layout.  I found some on the MaLa website that I like but can't for the life of me find out how to change from the default to one of the custom layouts.  On their website page with the free uploaded layouts it says "How to install a Layout?" with nothing but a blank space under it.  Searched online and the best I could come up was a youtube video in Spanish.  I'm guessing this is so basic that nobody even talks about it and that is why I can't find anything.  Sorry for the stupid question but I'm a 20 handicapper when it comes to this.

Thanks in advance.

NaptownChief

• Offline Offline
Re: Can Someone Direct Me to Info on How to Edit The Default MaLa Layout
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 10:17:50 pm »
Because I am at least a 20 handicapper I could use a source with specific directions like "look for this file, open it, click xyz" etc.  I would be more than happy to pay someone who would take the time to help walk me through setting up a layout with video snaps etc.  Thanks

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 10:40:38 pm »
Try pming or e-mailing mike boss -- he makes custom layouts for people for $25 (has a thread in this sub forum with e-mail address and info - So would figure he probably knows and is usually willing to help  :cheers:

Here is a link to his thread ( http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,108912.0.html )

ed12

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2018, 03:44:39 pm
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

NaptownChief

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 05:10:55 pm »
Thanks guys...Much appreciated.

NaptownChief

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 11:10:33 am »
Thanks for pointing me in Mike's direction. He put together a great layout for me and made it easy to get it in place. Just what I needed. Merry Christmas and cheers.  :cheers:

mike boss

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2021, 01:19:45 pm
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 11:29:10 am »
Glad I could help and thank you for the business.
I'm really happy with how your layout turned out.

Enjoy and thanks again.