Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need Help: Cover Holes in CP  (Read 2504 times)

Ortizimo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:23:10 pm
  • USAF Retired Veteran (1995-2015)
Need Help: Cover Holes in CP
« on: December 13, 2016, 12:58:43 pm »
I need to move some buttons around and need to know how to cover the holes left over. What do I need? Thanks! :dunno
Sometimes, when it's quiet, I can still hear the monkeys." - Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate.

behrmr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2021, 09:17:13 am
Re: Need Help: Cover Holes in CP
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 01:04:59 pm »
What kind of panel? Wood, metal, plexiglas overlay, etc? Are you replacing anything, putting on new artwork?

If you just want to fill the hole you can always get an arcade button hole plug.

Ortizimo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 09:23:10 pm
  • USAF Retired Veteran (1995-2015)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 11:41:48 am »
wood. i just want to move some buttons from the sides to the cp top and fill them up, sand them and paint them. what is a good product that can give me a good result? thnx.
Sometimes, when it's quiet, I can still hear the monkeys." - Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate.

DynastyDJ

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 16, 2016, 03:14:06 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 02:58:09 pm »
I had a similar issue, although from my mistake instead of just wanting to move them.  I used a wood dowel that was very close to the hole size and then filled with bondo.  The dowel was only a buck or two from Michael's. I then sanded and painted it and you cannot even see where the hole was to begin with.