Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: JVL Echo HD3 ISO/SD image  (Read 3832 times)

orizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2020, 07:20:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
JVL Echo HD3 ISO/SD image
« on: December 13, 2016, 12:46:20 pm »
Got a JVL Echo that has an HD3 key in it. It boots up to the attached error message.

I want to try reinstalling the software to see if that helps.  I do not have an HD3 disc/ISO.  I was wondering if anyone had one and would be kind enough to upload it - or to make an image of your SD card and share it.  Thanks.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: JVL Echo HD3 ISO/SD image
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 12:16:34 pm »
I did upload a copy of the HD3 install disks at one time for someone to make a copy, but it seems for whatever reason it didn't work. i'm on the hunt for the disks. (I took them home to make a copy and since misplaced them.)

orizzle

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 11:14:39 pm »
have you seen this error before shawn?

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 11:41:53 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 10:53:49 am »
I haven't. We have only got a single HD machine and it's been really good for us. Haven't had to reload anything on it yet.

it does look like an error you'd see if there was a bad file or a missing partition.

have you tried a factory reload on it? i'm not 100% sure (the rest of the JVL series do) but you can boot up holding down the service button to do a factory reset. You have to hold it quite a while but a message telling you when to release the button should pop up. the factory reset re-copies all the files from a secondary partition, so it might be okay.

worth a shot anyways.

I still need to find our JVL CD's.

orizzle

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 09:27:38 pm »
been busy and haven't had a chance to play with the JVL - but the factory reset did no good tonight.  i did, however, get an HD2 sdcard image which surprisingly boots.  so this should tide me over until i can get a HD3 iso