Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I've made my own arcade shooter, advice on cab required.  (Read 2025 times)

GalaxyPilot

• Trade Count: (0)
I've made my own arcade shooter, advice on cab required.
« on: December 11, 2016, 06:29:49 am »
Hi, I'm new and this is my first post... hopefully I've got the right forum but I just wanted to ask you chaps about making an arcade cabinet device for an actual arcade game shooter game I've created in something called Unity.

I sound blasé about it but it's taken me two years sitting in the glow of my computer screen beavering away to try and get a decent retro style arcade game, something close to everyone's heart here I hope, and I've actually released it only yesterday... yeah so I'm here doing what any decent guy would do... and I'll accidentally drop the address to my website where you can see my magnum-opus for yourself...

But I need some advice on cabinet design, I'll be reading around the forums to get the information I want but I have a good idea of what I want and how to get there, its just time and money and skills... anyway exciting either way.

My game is a simple vertical shmup based around 1984 and various games of the day and I hope you might enjoy it, either way check out the example videos on my site which is bytehorizon dot com and there you'll find my game to download.. for a modest fee, but hey we'll see...

For my arcade game I've got the idea to make an auto running start-up version on Linux within its own cab with lights and side-art etc etc, vertical orientation for the monitor ( my game runs on a 16:9 aspect ) once it's all done, install a coin-mech, install down my local pub for fun...

Anyhew I used to be an arcade engineer myself for a few years working for an amusement firm in the UK, fuelled by my love of arcade games from my childhood... and so that is where my own arcade game vision comes from and I hope you see that to...

Let me know what you think of my game, I hope you like it.