Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Rowe R90  (Read 488 times)

Exhstbearing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Rowe R90
« on: December 01, 2016, 10:30:27 pm »
Hello,

My name is Jon. I have been a long time guest lurker. I decided to join after purchasing a R90. I am in the process of cleaning/servicing it. I noticed the main controller has a video section. I have researched and saw that some models came with a tv and are rare. I have also seen cdadapter's hard drive kit. I emailed them to see about a kit that would output video. They said it was possible, but that they weren't interested in creating such a product.

My question is this. Is there something out there that would allow me to add a hard drive MP4/video player in addition to my records?  I would like to output audio to the jukebox and video to some tv's im going to put up in my man cave. That way, I could watch the videos, but the audio would be blairing from the juke. I have arcade games, so I thought this would be a neat 80's addition. I thought about raspberry pi, as I could then connect to my network for file ripping. I would want all controlling of songs done through the R90.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Rowe R90
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 02:25:15 pm »
the 90's where kind of a black hole.

by the time the technology caught up, everything had moved on to touchscreen MP3 and there again quickly to internet jukeboxes. I don't think you are going to find much unless you custom make it.

Exhstbearing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 09:08:07 pm »
 Kind of what I figured, but it was worth a shot. I'm just not sure
How the emulation works to trick the controller into
Thinking there are more albums. I like the cdadapter kit,
But 300 is a lot to spend for a custom chip
And interface wiring. I'll keep searching.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 11:55:39 pm »
the kit makes the computer think it's still got a CD unit attached to it. the adapter feeds back the same info that the CD unit would...only instead of when the CCC says "play cd #23 track #11", the cdadapter instead opens folder #23 and inside that folder... plays MP3 #11. it's actually quite ingenious and simple.

having more songs is just a matter of having 100 folders...each stuffed with 99 songs. it's not as neatly organized as by cd...but it's doable. you would just have a catalog from 0001 to 9999.

i digress... IF for some reason your unit packs it in and won't play anymore, a replacement is probably going to run you north of 350 bucks ANYWAY. so at that time it's probably worth looking into the cdadapter as a replacement at that time.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31