Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Three problems/questions about Maximus Arcade  (Read 4295 times)

VinceH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2020, 07:50:30 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Three problems/questions about Maximus Arcade
« on: November 30, 2016, 03:49:25 pm »
Hello everyone,

I'm a happy user of Maximus Arcade. I really love the interface that way cleaner and sober than the heavy loaded Hyperspin.
However there is one problem that annoys me a lot. Almost every time I'm starting the Preferences application I have to re-enter my registration code as it always start as "unregistered user". I do have two registration code, the codes are accepted and the software gets normally licensed but at the next start of Preferences it's lost...   Any idea ?

The two other points are questions, not problem. I cannot find a way to come back to the Emulator selection menu when I'm in an Emulator screen. For example, I'm done playing MAME games and I want to come back to select a NES game. The only solution I found is to use the key "8" on my keyboard to display a little menu to select another emulator. What I'm looking for is to go to the "normal" emulator selection menu.  Finally, what is the status of Maximus? As said in another topic, they are still selling licenses directly (they are now offering it for a limited time at $9.99) or through X-Arcade but do not offer any more support and we stick with the release 2.10 for I don't know how long...

Thanks guys...

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
Re: Three problems/questions about Maximus Arcade
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 04:22:16 pm »
For the return to emulator screen, just map the button in the preferences. Where you setup all your keys.

VinceH

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2020, 07:50:30 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 02:35:51 pm »
Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the very late answer but I was expecting an email saying that there was an answer to my topic but nothing came in :)
I just realized that there is no option to set a key to jump back to the Emulators selection but there is one for coming back to the previous menu (HOME key) that makes the trick...

Thank you very much...

Besides that, no one for an answer or idea on the licensing issue?

Thanks

bmuse

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 22, 2018, 09:44:09 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 09:15:31 am »
Hi VinceH,

Are you entering Preferences from within Maximus (ctrl-P)? Or are you launching the Preferences.exe?

If you enter Preferences within Maximus, it should have your registration info. So you have to launch the full frontend, then do ctrl-P while it's running. Using the separate Preferences.exe causes some problems; you'll find posts on that. It also always shows "Unregistered user."

B