Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Silver strike and golden tee same cabinet  (Read 856 times)

mclovin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • GT newbie
Silver strike and golden tee same cabinet
« on: November 26, 2016, 06:06:06 pm »
I just picked up a SSB 2007 unit with nighthawk box. I know there are multiple threads on this to purchase a unit that allows this. I'm jusT thinking that I can have a complete independent system that runs on a different TV input in the same cabinet. the only thing that would be shared is the buttons and trackball from the control panel. So I'm thinking that all I need to do is splice the control panel item wires to both I/O boards and it should work?

Anyone think this is a bad idea or would not work? :dunno
Thanks  ;D

mclovin

• Offline Offline
  • GT newbie
Re: Silver strike and golden tee same cabinet
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 12:36:31 am »
Just an update on this, I needed a project. I put the bowling nighthawk, cid and I/o board in my Gt cabinet, spliced the trackball and button wires, installed a on-off-on toggle switch on the front connected to the green wire on each power supply so both nighthawk pc's don't both run at the same time. Now all I do is hit the toggle switch and change the hdmi input on my tv and I'm switching from golden tee to silver strike bowling.

mclovin

• Offline Offline
  • GT newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 12:09:16 am »
I think I am also going to add a golden tee complete Jamma with an cga to vga adapter.

ed12

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Offline Offline
  • it is what it is..."Nobody Said It Was Easy"....
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 12:34:27 am »
i thought about how u did this
nice work to remember to have 2 different power supplys on a toggle
nothing like pissing IT stuff off

ed
Shipping something from the U.S. to Canada for repair/exchange?  Please use USPS to avoid (additional?/excessive?) shipping charges.  PM me if you have any questions.

jimmyfloyd

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 05:34:05 pm »
Interesting idea. When you toggle the switch, does it kill the power immediately or does it do the soft power down?

mclovin

• Offline Offline
  • GT newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 12:26:44 am »
Power supplies will not power up without being plugged in to a board so Basically the green wire needs to be grounded for it to power up. I cut the green wire in both power supplies and wired them to an on off on toggle switch so only one power supply can be on at a time.

I can take some pics of anyone is interested.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:28:59 am by mclovin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31