Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New arcade machines from the guys at Alan-1 in a new partnership with Atari !  (Read 126 times)

bobbyb13

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:03:17 am
  • I believe I may need an intervention
People may have seen or read this elsewhere but the gents at Alan-1 have recently expanded their efforts in the world of video gaming from producing great replacement and upgraded repro parts to include building NEW arcade machines with that most recognized of video game brands- Atari!

I first became familiar with the Alan-1 crew when I began building a machine to play one of my old vector favorites, Star Wars (because of their superior reproduction of that iconic flight yoke) and I have since also benefitted from their work to make vector monitor components that can actually survive in a real arcade environment.
Also great for scratch building a vector monitor it turns out!

Very cool stuff as it was with a catalog that was already growing when this latest development of partnership gelled.

From what I see we are talking about cabinets that are still in what we would all recognize as an "arcade machine" form factor but utilizing some tech from the world of pinball to re-imagine the idea of what a video game machine in a public space could be.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with and am encouraged that we could be looking at some (finally!!) truly new things from a beloved progenitor of the industry that fueled one of my favorite hobbies.

I believe they are at the current iteration of the AMOA show this week with some prototypes.
Hhopefully one of those guys will see this and be encouraged to keep us up to date with what is happeneing!
Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools! I can fix it.

Mike A

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:43:45 pm
  • This plan is foolproof
I applaud their effort, but the stuff they do on their own is creative and Atari will stifle that with their rehashed terrible "Recharged" games.
I understand that Atari probably threw a bunch of money at them and the Atari name still draws people to it.
Avian Knights looks interesting, but they did that without Atari.
Asteroids Recharged is a really ---smurfy--- game. To make it fun they will have to rework it extensively.
Hopefully Atari lets them do that.