Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Pi3 - Running accessing python .py program/file from within Retropie? Servosix  (Read 396 times)

subz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Pi Model: 3
RetroPie Version Used: 4.02
Built From: (Pre made SD Image on RetroPie website)
Controller used: Tht 2 player/ xin-mo 20 pin usb to jamma

Hello, I am building an upright arcade cabinet with the pi 3 and retropie.
I would like to auto-rotate the monitor with a servo depending on the games orientation.

My goal is to auto-rotate the screen depending on orientation from within retropie.

I would like to navigate to the servo.py python program from
/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/arcade/romname.zip.cfg

This .cfg is what i have used to rotate the pi picture 90 degrees per rom and I know retropie definatly 'reads' from this file as it loads the rom.

I have little /no programing expierience I know the redirect is possible but I dont know
how to get there.

I have the monk makes servo controller for raspberry pi
https://www.monkmakes.com/servo-kit/

If I quit out retropie with f4 I can control the servo by navigating to the files and running the python .py file/program.

Is it possible to open/run a .py file/program from within retropie and from the rom.zip.cfg file? then return to open the rom
Also when exiting a game i need retropie to read and run a reset to landscape .py file to correct the orientation of the menus/gameslist?
Im not sure where this should go?

I know theres many programs like mrotate that are pc based for the job, are there any that are compatible with the pi 3

Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 05:47:08 pm by subz »

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • I dont get no respect.
    • Skenny's Outpost
I think this is possible, and I did a test setup.
Look through my posts on here, it's been a while so I will have to go back and re-study how I did it.
I never got past the test stage.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31