Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Filling Holes In Control Panel  (Read 2441 times)

thecountofzero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 18, 2023, 02:03:47 pm
Filling Holes In Control Panel
« on: November 25, 2016, 09:29:42 am »
Can anyone point me in the direction of a solid tutorial for filling holes in a metal control panel. I've got a cut corner panel with too many holes in the wrong places. I'd like to fill them all (most of them) and drill new ones to meet my needs.

Here are the methods I've seen while searching the internet:

1) Put a piece of sheet metal behind it and filling the holes with bondo and then re-drilling. Had anyone had success with this method? Is it easily possible to drill throw sections that are partially bondo and partially original metal?

2) Have a welder weld in plugs and grind them down. This seems to result in the best end result, but I have zero welding skills and I asked two local shops and they both quotes me over $200. They both said they think it would easier/better to just fabricate a new one from scratch, but they put that at about $300.

3) Have a new one made from scratch. See above. Too expensive. Although I did see a post on one of these sites about getting a run of new panels created. If we had enough interest it might bring down the cost. I think that thread died down.

4) Build one from wood. I could "probably" do this, but it might not be pretty. Not ideal. Has anyone does this for the Dynamo HS-1 control panels?

If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. And if anyone has a Dynamo HS-1 control panel for sale, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.